Medicare Supplements Sold Without Ever Meeting?

astreeter

Are any of you writing a significant amount of medicare supplements with all of your work being handled over the phone, email, and mail? How effective is this? Any tips or advice to shift to this business model? Where are you getting your leads? Thanks guys!!

While I am very happy to see my clients and prospects, I write a good percentage of my plans via email and online.

I do this not only for med supps, but for MA plans as well.

Rick

I have never sold a med supp via email. I have sold many via telephone and mail. I have several hundred med supp clients that I have never seen in person.

Which companies offer online enrollments for Medigap and MA w/o meeting with the customer?

Most of the Med Supps I sell now are over the phone. I seldom use the on line app, there are only a few that have that available. Like DS4 mine are sold using the mail.

All Med Supps can be sold without a face to face meeting.

I almost never meet with a Med Supp/MA client. Virtually all of my Med Supp/MA clients are over the phone, through the mail or online. New Era has a great online app. No signature required. They just simply do a verification call. United of Omaha also has an online app which does require an electronic signature by the client. As long as they have email, it's not a problem.

As for MA plans, of the 60 or so I sold this AEP, I personally met with 5 of them. The rest were done through the mail. I still don't understand why people think you are required to meet face to face. The CMS required training states very clearly that you cannot require a beneficiary to meet with you. If I'm sending them the paperwork, you better believe the app will be filled out with all of my information on it. I also include a postage paid return envelope and instruct them to mail it back to me. If I'm doing the work, I'm getting paid.

My agency (about 30 agents) are doing about 99% med supps over the phone. It's extremely effective, using the same technology as we did in health sales (and the same mentality) it's the best way to go and surely the future of med supps, meaning online telephonic sales.

Start reading many of the posts regarding this on the forums, like the ones below.

http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...ed-supp-advantage-thread26678.html#post334783
http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/new-agent-considering-med-supp-advantage-thread26678.html#post334783

Are any of you writing a significant amount of medicare supplements with all of your work being handled over the phone, email, and mail? How effective is this? Any tips or advice to shift to this business model? Where are you getting your leads? Thanks guys!!

I almost never meet with a Med Supp/MA client. Virtually all of my Med Supp/MA clients are over the phone, through the mail or online. New Era has a great online app. No signature required. They just simply do a verification call. United of Omaha also has an online app which does require an electronic signature by the client. As long as they have email, it's not a problem.

As for MA plans, of the 60 or so I sold this AEP, I personally met with 5 of them. The rest were done through the mail. I still don't understand why people think you are required to meet face to face. The CMS required training states very clearly that you cannot require a beneficiary to meet with you. If I'm sending them the paperwork, you better believe the app will be filled out with all of my information on it. I also include a postage paid return envelope and instruct them to mail it back to me. If I'm doing the work, I'm getting paid.

I only do face to face MA's but I thought I remember reading that the client had to mail the app directly to the company and it was against the rules to have them mail it to you. That's why I do mine face to face and that's why I don't do very many. Way too many rules...:skeptical:

I thought you needed to have a Scope of Appointment signed prior to pitching Medicare Advantage? I presume you can do this by phone?

So, when you sell by telephone do you use the Internet via some sort of screen share program? Or, are you just asking the questions and completing the form then manually then mailing it out?:1confused:

Back