Medicare Website

It’s 100% non compliant to have the world medicare in your business name. Wether anyone ever comes after you is another matter . I’m sure there’s a chance a jeoulous agent turns you in .

Actually you can use the word medicare in your agency name or website you just can't use it in a misleading way and as of 2024 you can't use an actual image of a medicare card it has to be that cartoon image of the medicare card sans John Smith

"No misleading use of Medicare name or logo: Agents cannot use the Medicare name or logo in a misleading way"

Actually you can use the word medicare in your agency name or website you just can't use it in a misleading way and as of 2024 you can't use an actual image of a medicare card it has to be that cartoon image of the medicare card sans John Smith

"No misleading use of Medicare name or logo: Agents cannot use the Medicare name or logo in a misleading way"
Thats not what I’ve been told . I know for yrs in Fla it’s been non complaint. How’s John Jackson Medicare agency not misleading ? Anytime your business has the name medicare in it people think your affiliated with medicare and thats misleading

Thats not what I’ve been told . I know for yrs in Fla it’s been non complaint. How’s John Jackson Medicare agency not misleading ? Anytime your business has the name medicare in it people think your affiliated with medicare and thats misleading
Looks like you've been told wrong.

What you're saying would only apply to MA anyway. None of those silly rules apply to OM. And that includes FL and the medicare card.

After re reading this it looks like you do have to get permission to use the image of the cartoon medicare care image.There is grey areas on what they consider misleading but you can definitely use the word medicare

(xix) Use the Medicare name, CMS logo, and products or information issued by the Federal Government, including the Medicare card, in a misleading way. Use of the Medicare card image is permitted only with authorization from CMS.

I expect the rookie agents to be the compliance police, not you veterans… what the hell is going on guys? Lol

You know, you can’t talk to your parents or your spouse about med advantage, without getting a scope first! Rules are rules!

I expect the rookie agents to be the compliance police, not you veterans… what the hell is going on guys? Lol

You know, you can’t talk to your parents or your spouse about med advantage, without getting a scope first! Rules are rules!
I love the part about the card.

When you or I sell a MA or MAPD plan, what happens? The client gets a new card. They can safely file their red, white and blue card in a drawer somewhere. They're not going to need it anymore.

Yet CMS is telling us we can't use a picture of the original card on our website.

Typical government over reach. CMS doesn't even regulate that card.

After re reading this it looks like you do have to get permission to use the image of the cartoon medicare care image.There is grey areas on what they consider misleading but you can definitely use the word medicare

(xix) Use the Medicare name, CMS logo, and products or information issued by the Federal Government, including the Medicare card, in a misleading way. Use of the Medicare card image is permitted only with authorization from CMS.
In the state of Fla it’s a definite no . They won’t relicense your agency with it .

Attachments

• IMG_1640.jpeg
    IMG_1640.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 9

In the state of Fla it’s a definite no . They won’t relicense your agency with it .

That's only if your licensed as an llc or s corp with the word medicare in it.You can still DBA an agency with the word medicare in it.

Back