Medigap Carrier Graveyard

I’ve recently been 2 for 3. One guy was declined for diabetes with neuropathy

T65 don’t get turned down though!

Anthem had been solid in GA. Did have a 9 or 10% increase this year. But have had moderate increases previously

I just wrote a Plan N with them (Open Enrollment though). I've had 4 underwritten cases in a row turned down. Two of them approved elsewhere. The other two there wasn't enough of a premium difference with other reputable carriers to make a change.

Transamerica was my biggest mistake (although they are "back" now with a version that is only written by their in house captive agents. But the list is long.

What happens to all the customers that are still in a "close book of business" and were unable to change Medigap insurance companies due to medical underwriting?

What happens to all the customers that are still in a "close book of business" and were unable to change Medigap insurance companies due to medical underwriting?
Their prices will skyrocket. They can switch to an Advantage plan. If it is the first time they have had an Advantage plan, they have one year they can elect to go back to a supplement without underwriting. Any company currently issuing that plan is required to accept them.

Trial right GI = $0 commission in many states . . . you may find 1 carrier in your state paying a commission . . . there are none in my state

Trial right GI = $0 commission in many states . . . you may find 1 carrier in your state paying a commission . . . there are none in my state
You have to sell them additional products, HHC, Cancer, STC, etc. Iy you want to get paid. I think Humana pays commission on the GI medsupp in TN.

Back