Medigap changes coming

I'd say so. D & E. I explain it to clients this way. A good company takes rate increases on plans individually - not just across the board. Every agent pushes Plan F because its generally the most expensive. Every company wants agents to push Plan F for the same reason. Most agents will simply tell you that it pays for everything and that puts you at ease so you buy it. Now, because more seniors have Plan F than D or E, whhich one is likely to carry the most claims and therefore take larger rate increases? Then I breakdown the math for them on D & E with the deductible compared to F and the ones that get it say, why in the hell would I want Plan F? I then right up a D on guys, and women generally go for E to get the preventive care. Looks like that is going to change though.

I do not see the benefit in selling the Plan E to females? I have yet to see a claim for preventative. Can you give examples of how your female clients use this benefit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchief
I'd say so. D & E. I explain it to clients this way. A good company takes rate increases on plans individually - not just across the board. Every agent pushes Plan F because its generally the most expensive. Every company wants agents to push Plan F for the same reason. Most agents will simply tell you that it pays for everything and that puts you at ease so you buy it. Now, because more seniors have Plan F than D or E, whhich one is likely to carry the most claims and therefore take larger rate increases? Then I breakdown the math for them on D & E with the deductible compared to F and the ones that get it say, why in the hell would I want Plan F? I then right up a D on guys, and women generally go for E to get the preventive care. Looks like that is going to change though.

I do not see the benefit in selling the Plan E to females? I have yet to see a claim for preventative. Can you give examples of how your female clients use this benefit?

In my limited experience I have found that women like the preventive care benefit. They enjoy knowing that they can go get a physical or breast exam annually. The same reasoning behind why they get better rates. Women like going to the doctor to make sure nothing is going to hurt. Men wait until something hurts before going to the doctor.

I sell F and J, I can sell C-L but i focus on F and J, J only costs 125/mo for a T-65 so its not a bad deal at all plus it has the most coverage.

I sell F and J, I can sell C-L but i focus on F and J, J only costs 125/mo for a T-65 so its not a bad deal at all plus it has the most coverage.

You are doing exactly what you have been told to do by the insurance companies. I would suggest that you learn everything there is to know about Medicare and the different Medicare Supplement policies and make your own well informed, intelligent decision.'

How can you sell this stuff and sleep at night following what the companies tell you to do. Do you also drink three glasses of milk a day because the milk companies tell you to?

You are the "expert". Prospects look to you to give them accurate information and the best suggestion regarding which policy is going to be the best for them. Do you have the understanding and knowledge to do that or are you just parroting what you have been told?

You are doing exactly what you have been told to do by the insurance companies. I would suggest that you learn everything there is to know about Medicare and the different Medicare Supplement policies and make your own well informed, intelligent decision.'

How can you sell this stuff and sleep at night following what the companies tell you to do. Do you also drink three glasses of milk a day because the milk companies tell you to?

You are the "expert". Prospects look to you to give them accurate information and the best suggestion regarding which policy is going to be the best for them. Do you have the understanding and knowledge to do that or are you just parroting what you have been told?

Well seeing as you know my state better than me you tell me what i should do. I do know everything about medicare because I am not into giving my clients something they shouldnt have. Like i said i can sell anything I just believe J is by far the best plan for my clients seeing as i deal with mostly healthy seniors from the ages of 65-70, the price is way too good and becuase of the Part B excess.

Well seeing as you know my state better than me you tell me what i should do. I do know everything about medicare because I am not into giving my clients something they shouldnt have. Like i said i can sell anything I just believe J is by far the best plan for my clients seeing as i deal with mostly healthy seniors from the ages of 65-70, the price is way too good and becuase of the Part B excess.

If you really believe that in your state that Plan J is the best investment in a Med Supp policy for your prospects then I applaud your efforts.

The only issues I have with selling Plan J is that every company is pushing it so hard right now. Agents are going to sell the hell out of it which, in my experience, means that in the next 24 months I believe that we are going to see huge increases in that Plan.

In all states except California and Missouri that means that clients could be stuck with a policy that was a great "bargain" this year and could become almost very expensive in the next couple of years. I always remember that insurance companies never have the client's best interest in mind. There is a reason they are so heavily pushing Plan J and it isn't because they are nice guys.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your intent. I'm sure you are doing the best for your clients today. It's tomorrow that scares the hell out of me.

What state are you in? I would bet money that Bankers Plan J is not the best plan in any state. You might just be brainwashed into thinking that. I bet in 12-24 months (unless you leave Bankers) all that you will be selling is Coventry's MA plans because your rates will be through the roof.

What state are you in? I would bet money that Bankers Plan J is not the best plan in any state. You might just be brainwashed into thinking that. I bet in 12-24 months (unless you leave Bankers) all that you will be selling is Coventry's MA plans because your rates will be through the roof.

I work out of Rhode Island, all we have is Blue Cross, United (which some Dr's arent taking anymore due to slow payment) and Private Insurance. Rhode Island is what we call a blue state if you dont have blue cross its like there is something wrong with you because blue cross is the only individual coverage you can get under 65. There are a few PFFS and HMO but as far as med sup goes we have the cheapest plan i have seen we actually have one of the cheapest rates in the country as far as med sup goes.

We do have coventry and it sucks I'm done selling it, its not worth the hassle that the client and I have to go through.

Back