Medigap Reinsured by MOO

Aetna reinsured Equitable until about 2 years ago.

That kind of matches what we were told in a GA rollout meeting last spring. Kevin Williams did the meeting for Ritter. I don't recall if he mentioned the prior reinsurer but did say they had a new arrangement and almost positive it could have been maybe MOO.

But I could be wrong ..........

That kind of matches what we were told in a GA rollout meeting last spring. Kevin Williams did the meeting for Ritter. I don't recall if he mentioned the prior reinsurer but did say they had a new arrangement and almost positive it could have been maybe MOO.

But I could be wrong ..........

Just heard back from Kevin. It's Aetna on Med Supps and Americo on FE(I remember Dig saying that recently). They do go back and forth a lot.

The reinsurance market is like term life. Carriers and syndicates vie for the lowest rate and it is a race to the bottom.

Good for the carrier and consumer as long as the carrier/MGU/MGA doesn't go crazy.

Manhattan used to do some really crazy stuff on group term life. High GI amounts on groups less than 50 lives. Really burned a couple of reinsurers on that deal and finally had to pull the product when they couldn't get anyone else to back them up.

Back