medsupp vs MAPD

sorry, meant optimum not freedom.
and the moop is 1,750 not 1,500. I guess that changes everything

Rx with it are right bout $400 with it, vs. about $3,400 total cost with a PDP

I never wrote anything with Ultimate, I know theres a niche somewhere for them but never found it.

I can’t find a dang doctor who takes it. Ridiculous formulary tho.

There is no guarantee we don't go back to the $20 primary $50 spec, $350 a day hops with little extra,s and the high max out of pocket plans

and it can happen fast

I’ve only been in the biz for 14 years but I’ve never seen those numbers. I wouldn’t mind it. Along with commissions at $400/200. Weed out the weak again.

I just saved a lady $2,500 on her medsupp premium, $3,000 on her Rx costs, and another $2,000 on her Part B premium costs, totaling $7,480 next year, by switching her from a medsupp to a C-SNP MAPD.

All her doctors accept the plan, as does every hospital within 100 miles.

The MOOP for the plan is only $1,500 - appox $1,000 less her her annual premium for her medsupp.

She was being stressed financially before meeting me.
Next year she will have an extra $600/mo.

I'll bet there are some medsupp only hacks here that will honestly think that I screwed her over, and she will probably die by springtime next year because they believe their own propaganda.

Bro, how dare you. Now she's gonna die within 5 months. You monster!

Yea but can he go to MD Anderson? /s

Funny you brought that up I have a MoO medigap client in TX who asks all the time about changing to MAPD (can't change medigap medically). Premium with MoO is really not bad at all maybe $25 over lowest but the ways she acts we've saddled her with the national debt (despite her $750,000 house...).

So I told her I could send her an option or two for MAPDs. Asked a few questions. She wants "MD Anderson."

Well there lady good luck looks like they only take 1 carrier...... and all her friends who have Humana, Cigna, WellCare, whatever can't go there but she can. That kinda woke her up a bit that she has it pretty good....

I’ve only been in the biz for 14 years but I’ve never seen those numbers. I wouldn’t mind it. Along with commissions at $400/200. Weed out the weak again.

Your in FL little dif, But I have seen it from time to time, up till about maybe 2018 give or take

Ive seen it in NY CA and other sates I work, cant recall which though I do a lot in NC TX SC OH IN IL back then NJ MI and some others

I remembers for several years BC anthem had $0 $0 copay primary hops was something like $100 a day for 4 days or something like that great dental

and then one year went up to $50 premium, $20 doc $50 spec and $350 a day in hops no dental

that must have been 10 or so years ago

there is many times a plan with lower copays but with networks that does not have anyone docs, nor the hospitals most wanted

Outside of FL I would say overall MA plans have greatly improved in recent years, Maybe 4 or 5 years ago or so, the change was very noticeable

Back