Meeting with a Rep for Direct Appt, New Agency, Help

CraigB331

Long story short. 7 years in the Industry. For the last year I have been planning and preparing to open my own Indy from scratch. When I left last employer my NY Lic status changed to Inactive, Tried getting set up with SAIS but they can't change my lic status to active because they do not actually appoint you with companies.

Meeting on Tues with regional rep from Safeco. I have had success with them in the past and would love for them to be my first. I will have my business plan ready. What should I be expecting here? I am nervous, but I'm nervous because I care and this is important to me.

Long story short. 7 years in the Industry. For the last year I have been planning and preparing to open my own Indy from scratch. When I left last employer my NY Lic status changed to Inactive, Tried getting set up with SAIS but they can't change my lic status to active because they do not actually appoint you with companies.

Meeting on Tues with regional rep from Safeco. I have had success with them in the past and would love for them to be my first. I will have my business plan ready. What should I be expecting here? I am nervous, but I'm nervous because I care and this is important to me.

It's been so long ago that I can't remember the name of my 1st. :bump:

I was nervous too. :yes:

Focus your end of the discussion on the marketing aspects of your biz plan. Hopefully you already know what they like to write in your target territories.
For PPA, emphasize how you will be attracting higher limits business in the areas where they want to grow. Be prepared to tell them exactly how you are going to attract enough prospects to write at least one policy a week. Not sure if you have homeowners access through them in NY but if so, make sure you are focusing on Coverage A amounts in their wheelhouse and the same one policy a week minimum. Sounds easy on the production end but you need to show them how you will be producing enough leads to get enough business written to keep them happy and make you successful. Best to you!

Here we are two months later, I've been incredibly busy.
I got the direct appt and then I decided I can't run an office with just one carrier. So, I started talking to multiple companies. Nobody wanted to give me the appointment as a scratch agency. I am now open and I've joined SIAA.

Back