Met Life and Diabetes?

THanks Tahoe...I appreciate all input. While it really won't hurt me, it's his deal, I'm just going to try to direct him. I stay away from that many meds with a diabetic. It could hurt my persistence level even trying...very picky about who I write. Mostly tip top healthy people, with life insurance. The diabetic med people I send elsewhere.

Just trying to get a grip on if he's being honest with me. Despise lying clients who try to brow beat me and tell me they can get better deals elsewhere (I've underwritten him before through a few companies, one of which would have considered him for about $300 a month--but slim chance for acceptance..too slim for me--and he says that's much too high for him), and second, he is a neighbor and client with other products. I have to see him around regularly...just one of those things.

just based on his meds, I'm inclined to think he will never get a standard rating.

I like what you both have said and will direct him to go on ahead and go direct with Met...he can probably get the WL product, with much lower DB than he wants.

Diabetics tend to get a VERY distorted view about what's "control" and "healthy" when it comes the their affliction. They'll complain all day they can't get standard; great try not having you hemoglobin above 8.0% for the past two years. Or that they're records show they have great control. Great! A1c shows a three to six month window and your most recent window indicates you're blood is more likely to tempt the Kool-aid man than Dracula.

True Vol.

Someone's lying, or shall I say, being less than totally forthcoming. Either way, drives me crazy. He likes to eliminate a few diabetes meds...he did with me the first go around. And I'm sure the Met agent is quoting him preferred or standard. Typical. But, trying to explain someone with denial is a waste of breath. lol.

Client is also being overly optimistic (perhaps even denial). He's been trying for a few years to find at least $250,000 term for around $100 per month. Doubt that's going to happen. At least I know it's not through me. Feels almost obnoxious having to explain it.

I'm calling him this afternoon. If he can go direct and get 20-25,000 WL. That's what he should do... I'm not doing it for him. Not even going to try. Just directing him this time.

His calls every few months...ugh...well, it's just one of those things. Just thought I'd check who knows what about Met.

----------

Ha!! I hear you UW Guy.

Bout the only thing I will do for someone with so many Diabetic meds is put them on AcciFlex $250,000, and tell them to drive over a bridge if they are about to pass on through to the other side.

Just kidding....!!!! Kind of....

Back