Metlife Auto & Home

"but then you are stuck writing for only one carrier."

You couldn't be more inaccurate.

If you're a captive for MetLife Auto & Home, who else do you write auto and/or home owner insurance for? If my statement was inaccurate, I'll buy that. But I thought the term "captive" implies that you write for that company alone. Like being captive for Farmers, State Farm or Allstate. I know the life insurance side of Metlife can write life insurance for just about anyone, but did not know the P/C side could. Your insight is appreciated.
arizona auto insurance

Most MetLife Auto and Home reps can write through Progressive and depending on the office, a few other carriers.

And some Met reps have offices in a MetLife facility, while others have stand alone facilities.

And yes...you are right about the life side. Virtually any company can be used.

I having been talking to Metlife Auto & Home becoming a captive agent for them. Does anyone have any experiences with them? Thanks.

I read through the posts and many of these are right I have very specific experience with this program and one thing I will tell you is that with one carrier you will sift through a lot of quotes to find the customer with the right fit for that companies insurance apetite. Customers have become very smart and price sensitive especially in the current economy. My recommendation would be to go with a non-captive setup if you can afford it? You will see your close ratios jump, I mean really JUMP! I am a value seller but All the value seeps out like air out of a balloon when your price is too high for the customers budget!
:no::idea::cool:

Insurance Phoenix, are you direct with all those companies or are you going through an aggreator like Superior Access or Smart Choice?

I know this is an old post, but when something is a commodity, price is king!! This value over price would be State Farm over Progressive for a couple dollars. But if it $20/month or more, and their budget is tight, you are not going to get this in my experience! "Value over price" has its place but not always and not for every case. I get sick of that being thrown around as it is... the shoe may not fit in this situation!!

Venting, I am!!

Maybe that's good in the long run. Then you'll need to learn how to sell on value rather than price :mask:.

Back