MetLife Training Salary

LynInDaytona,

Also, the maximum training pay for a new FSR is $800/wk. Hope this helps.

This also varies from firm to firm. My Met office offers up to 1300 per week in the 19 week training time frame. Dependent on pre-appointment production.

Met does not care for their agents at all and continue to shrink their commission payouts, both on new policies and renewals. Stay away.

No fee. Only thing i pay for is E&O and $100 a month office expenses.

I am a fully licensed advisor from a wirehouse that just did massive layoffs and prior to that ameriprise.

Hello everyone ! I am respectively a MetLife captive agent. The "list" of 100/200 is called your market match 100/200 which consists of all your friends and family and they do want you to sell to all of them first.

They will give you positive press and subsidize all of your office costs, ( phone, workspace, proccessing, medicals etc.) Training, training, and training is included.

Starting salary for your first 19 weeks is based off your previous 2-4 year earnings at your previous job.

In the first 19 weeks they expect you to produce 20,000 GDC (gross dealer concessions) which that GDC number is applied to a grid rate based on your performance and can range from 72% all the way down to 42%. You can also reach the 19 week goal by doing 15,000 GDC and having 25 apps submitted. (Core apps like life, annuity, met p and c).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
About expenses. The fees they charge your for training and support that I mentioned earlier are free up until your 12 quarter. They will slowly begin to charge you until your at full cost, which is about your 16th quarter. At that time you will be paying roughly between 230-270 a week plus E and O expense, CE courses, licensing fees, and finra fees.

Last edited:
They will give you positive press and subsidize all of your office costs, ( phone, workspace, proccessing, medicals etc.) Training, training, and training is included.

I have to pay for anything that is mailed unless it has to do with met service work.

They will give you access to some lead programs in which they mail clients different pieces and then a lead will generate for you in your leadbox. These are few and far between once you get of your superstarter period.

Different agencies are different though. Some agencies have asked agents to purchase a computer from them that is metlife approved and some just want you to lease them.

This isn't a bad way to go if your new into the business and you can't afford/have the experience to run your own agency.

I've seen some of the good producers in our agency make up to 150k-300k a year consistantly

Myself on the other hand.. not that well.

Back