[Michigan] - Life Insurance for a 38 y/o Bipolar male who used to smoke

Va drugs don’t show up on rx . I’m very cautious on schizophrenia and severe depression . I wrote a schizophrenic about 3 yrs ago . Had to come back as I missed something. I was walking up to her house and she went nuts on me . She started calling me a crook shouting . I turned around and walked away .Its the world of fe .

Sorry to hear that buddy. I'm grateful you were able move forward and definitely glad you found a place here on the forum, I have appreciated getting to know you.

I was blessed with a great dad and mom. We where poor, but my sisters and I were loved. I always want to be aware of the world around me and be sensitive and approachable to those I can help. I am unable to solve people's problems, but if they ever reach out to me, I want always to reach back to them. Unashamedly I am a Christian. Not perfect, but forgiven. Because of this I am called to love others as I know I am loved. (I screw that up too sometimes. )

I've done a ton of in the field counseling, trying to help get people to the right place for help or just passing along advice on steps to get pointed in the right direction. I do this and burn my own time, because I have loved others who have spent time on me in the past. I also believe that where you might find yourself in life, should never define you. There is hope, there is always hope.

Yeah, it was rough. Internal scars. Yeah, I fully understand poor. We were Poooor. Always the poor relative or neighbor. We would sneak to the neighbor's hose bib at night so we could get water. My mom would not eat so we could eat, I would not eat so my brothers could eat. And on and on. Elementary School I worked in the fields so I could buy school clothes and have a couple of dollars. Freshman year I worked till 2AM washing dishes to help at home and buy a 54 Chevy for $250. from my girlfriend's Aunt. Had a pistol under my seat. Dropped out and went to work full time in my sophomore year. Later joined the Navy. The best thing for the young me, Insurance was for the older me. Learned that we all started at the bottom with the same haircut and to a degree, we all had the same shot.

But that was a very long time ago. And yeah, my mom loved us fiercely. Our Sperm donor foot bailed when I mom was pregnant with my brother. When he was old he wanted to be dad and grandpa. F him! You got to earn those spots.

Damn, I think it is beer thirty.

You got to earn those spots.

True that. Dealing with a family member, who I shall leave unnamed. Going to screw up his kids good and tight before he's done. What a jerk! Just cause you make donations doesn't mean you have a skill set.

My next door neighbor told me how (after his father passed away early in his life) would go over each morning and take care of his neighbor (get him up and fix his breakfast) for money. He said he started doing that at age 5ish. If you knew Dick, he since passed away, he was a no nonsense kind a guy that just pushed to get it done. Lost use of his left arm in an accident long before we met. I can still see him out there mowing his own lawn only using his right are with a self propelled mower. Sure do miss the days we would talk long over his chain link fence.

Hope you pass all these stories on to your young ones. A tough life and hard work is nothing to be ashamed of. Our society praises the wrong people in my mind and make way too much hoopla about things and and people that really don't mean much. Give me the "Joe" that works hard day in day out to make a way for his own brood of chicks, now there is a hearo kids can look up to. If you can kick the longest field goal, or make the longest putt, but you don't take care of your own, you ain't no man I need to spend time with.

Later joined the Navy. The best thing for the young me, Insurance was for the older me.
I didn’t have the same childhood as you by any stretch. There were some similarities, though. I learned early on that I’d better learn to take care of myself, because I couldn’t always count on my parents. They both loved their children, but my mom had some pretty intense emotional/mental issues, and my dad only seemed to have enough emotional energy to deal with her stuff. Not much left over for us kids. (There’s a lot more to the story, but I’ll spare the gory details.)

As a result I entered adult life with major trust issues, and a pretty extreme independent streak. I’ve always functioned best in situations where I call the shots, and don’t have to count on other people to make things happen.

Over the years I’ve gotten much better emotionally with help from others (and a growing relationship with the Lord). But I’m still pretty independent. The insurance business has been great for me. My results are directly due to my own efforts. Of course, things happen that are outside my control. But my success or lack thereof is mainly down to me.

On the other hand, I’m very social. I gain emotional energy from social interaction, especially face to face. I enjoy interacting with my clients, and getting to know them over time.

So, the insurance business gives me both the sense of self reliance I need, as well as the social interaction that I crave. Given my particular set of strengths, weaknesses, and idiosyncrasies, I could not have asked for a more suitable and enjoyable career!

I didn’t have the same childhood as you by any stretch. There were some similarities, though. I learned early on that I’d better learn to take care of myself, because I couldn’t always count on my parents. They both loved their children, but my mom had some pretty intense emotional/mental issues, and my dad only seemed to have enough emotional energy to deal with her stuff. Not much left over for us kids. (There’s a lot more to the story, but I’ll spare the gory details.)

As a result I entered adult life with major trust issues, and a pretty extreme independent streak. I’ve always functioned best in situations where I call the shots, and don’t have to count on other people to make things happen.

Over the years I’ve gotten much better emotionally with help from others (and a growing relationship with the Lord). But I’m still pretty independent. The insurance business has been great for me. My results are directly due to my own efforts. Of course, things happen that are outside my control. But my success or lack thereof is mainly down to me.

On the other hand, I’m very social. I gain emotional energy from social interaction, especially face to face. I enjoy interacting with my clients, and getting to know them over time.

So, the insurance business gives me both the sense of self reliance I need, as well as the social interaction that I crave. Given my particular set of strengths, weaknesses, and idiosyncrasies, I could not have asked for a more suitable and enjoyable career!

Ditto that

Back