More insurance brokers would choose traditional Medicare over Medicare Advantage: Report

What type of Medicare would you choose for yourself?

• Original Medicare with Medigap / PDP

Votes: 40 67.8%
  • Medicare Advantage (MAPD)

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters
I don’t know who THEY are but I only see Telesales agents doing this. I know zero agents who sell MAPD do any of the above. Plus I make the same amount of money on med Supp or MAPD.
I do know that any med Supp only OR MAPD only agent is shortsighted.
There's a rather large group of them out of Tallahassee. They ride around South Georgia door knocking T65s. They've hit me twice and several of my friends.

They're one trick ponies that only talk MAPD. Nothing else. Never mentioned OM one time.

So yeah, they're out there.

Truth = bashing

Who is doing the bashing here?

Go to bed old man, it’s late in GA. Get up and start googling: Why is MAPD a bad choice and post again and maybe something will stick. Not sure if you noticed but you are now on your own posting all this BS and no one sticking up for you anymore. Not sure why you have such an agenda against MA but you were set in your ways before I was born so I’m done trying to reason.

Go to bed old man, it’s late in GA. Get up and start googling
Now that shit's funny.

Not sure if you noticed but you are now on your own posting all this BS and no one sticking up for you anymore.
Nope. I've got his back. Even though I sell both, I respect his right to do it his way. And my boy knows his stuff.

but you were set in your ways before I was born
Just how old are you? I'm 70 and he's about the same. Do I need a note from your mother before I go back and forth with you on here?

I can almost GUARANTEE that if any of the guys/gals on here getting their panties in a wad over @somarco sat down with him face to face you would come away with a different view of him. He's one of the kindest and most genuine guys you will meet. The things he's saying about MA aren't untrue. There are access issues from time to time. There are agents who focus solely on MA and try and fit a square peg into a round hole. If this doesn't describe how you do business, then don't take it personally.

I write both. Bob knows this and I don't believe he thinks any less of me. He'll refer MA prospects to me from time to time. If he thought all MA agents were awful, he certainly wouldn't refer people to me.

Again, if you do business in a way that puts the clients needs first and educate them so they can make an informed decision, Bob isn't talking about you personally. So don't take it that way.

I'm with Chazm on this one. That's what influences new agents in a better way.

I'm old too. But try to do all of whatever health/life insurance entails. U65, T65, med supps, MAPD, DI, LI, CI, so I'm ready to hit all the buttons and help both the client and myself.

So much is left on the table by being a one trick pony-solve their issues and your own. However, to each their own.

If a new agent is trying to keep it simple and stick to one thing at at time, cool. At some point, and in a hurry, if theyre just doing Med Supp, they might go broke. New agents probably should do MAPD to get going and learn the ropes. In my area, med supp is a rarity although I get stupid statements from people saying, "well, my brother says go for med supp only...." when brother makes 100 k a year and sister is on SSDI with 800 per month with an adult son also on SSDI living with her getting 600 per month. Total Dual, oh yah, sure buy a supp and PDP.

This is such a ridiculous argument. If you aren't in the market of MAPD you are missing out, period AND you are helping ONLY your chosen high affluent market for the most part(that's fine its a choice you make). Further, theres an entire market barely tapped with the U65 dual. I'm having a hey day with it. And those clients love me when it's done. Talked to 39 people over the past few days in this very boat. All of those clients are extremely happy with me and are about to be even happier by January. I've just started calling them all for retention. Many more to go.

And I'm relatively new at this. And figured this one out real fast.

I will say this as an after thought: When an agent is 70 plus it's hard to keep up. MAPD is a shit ton of work when cognitive deficits start to decline. I have an agent now that's hard to get through it all.

The MAPD vs MED supp argument is getting old. I was thinking a few months ago that there should be a separate forum just for MAPD and one for Med Supp. Theyre not the same and ARE different and for different socioeconomic statuses. Only a few here live in the highly affluent areas, middle class been on it's way out for a few decades.

I'm 65 years old myself....Best to offer both and let the consumer decide. Rural area I live in most can't afford or won't pay for supplements. Looking at the PDP options for 2024 the plans aren't very good and the prices have gone way up. I'll bet some who have supplements and PDP's may switch to MAPD because of cost.

I'm 65 years old myself....Best to offer both and let the consumer decide. Rural area I live in most can't afford or won't pay for supplements. Looking at the PDP options for 2024 the plans aren't very good and the prices have gone way up. I'll bet some who have supplements and PDP's may switch to MAPD because of cost.
Agreed

Im going only into 3rd AEP, very rural area. Hell, I'm considered high income here. My spouse is 65 in a few months. He's doing MAPD/GTL combo.

I've been trying my damndest to apply Somarcos ideology here and it just isn't a market here. It's practically dead in the water for a med supp here. All I can think of is Somarco lives in a highly affluent bubble, along with a few others here.

Back