More Leads...

i know im not going to get sued... even if what i sold was totally worthless. I think it was more of an attempt at taking a shot at the plan. I fully explain the benefits and drawbacks of the plan, and in lots of cases, i think it is a good fit.

You cannot get sued. Can I get sued if someone needs more than 30 days of skilled nursing? Can I or any agent go over every single benefit and limitation when we sell these plans? No agent does and you have zero liability unless you lie.

Yes and no. Anyone can sue anyone, but getting an attorney to argue the case will be tough if it's not winnable. Most attorney's take a percentage of the judgement, however if it's gonna be a tough ride they'll demand full payment of services before court date. The average person doesn't have that kind of money floating around.

There's also protection against frivolous lawsuits. That's to stop your rich neighbor, who makes $400,000 a year, from not liking you and decided to simply sue you for "everything and anything" and run you broke.

Yes, anyone can get sued. The merits of the lawsuit and the judgment are then determined by court. Either way it's a pain. Just refrain from putting anything in writing. LOL.....Then it becomes hearsay.

Yes, anyone can get sued. The merits of the lawsuit and the judgment are then determined by court. Either way it's a pain. Just refrain from putting anything in writing. LOL.....Then it becomes hearsay.

hearsay has nothing to do with whether its in writing.. youre referring to the best evidence rule.

hearsay= a satement made by an out of court declarant uttered to prove the truth of teh matter asserted, and there are a boatload of exceptions.

I didnt say I couldnt be sued, I said I wouldnt be sued. because i clearly outline how they might get screwed by the coverage limits and make sure they understand that they are taking on some risk, in exchange for a lower premuim now.

also if i did get sued, that is a complaint was filed, i would be a co-defendant along with PM. They would pay to defend, not me. Also a court may or may not get to determine the merits. Most complaints filed are dismissed because the cause of action filed under are wrong (especially pro se complaints) but even most lawyers do it.

Also, i was a trial lawyer before this corporate gig, and im sort of missing the battleground... any complaint filed against me would be dismissed LONG before a jury ever got around to listening to it. But if in some alternate universe i did get sued, and somehow managed to lose, I have some pretty solid appellate skills too.

A big Mega Life case went to court last year - clients stuck with $200,000 of unpaid bills. The judge ruled that the clients had 10 days to review their policy, and they accepted it with no questions asked Mega wasn't liable for anything.

Back