Motivation, Help!!! Divorce, Life... Etc

Make less money or try to "hide" money to punish my former wife and children because I made a bad decision? That is totally illogical to me. There is always two sides to every story.

When I got divorced I voluntarily paid a lot more to my former wife and picked up all of the expenses for my children way beyond what any court would have required. I paid off the house, her car and all of her bills, left her with everything in the house except my personal stuff, and gave her half of our investments.

She was gainfully employed, a professor at a college, and made a good salary but I didn't want my children to have to experience a change in their standard of living just because their mother and I decided we didn't want to live together any longer. It sure as hell wasn't their fault. It took a couple of years but I recovered just fine.

Glad I gave you a moment to get on the soap box...but that comment was more joke than anything else.

Make less money or try to "hide" money to punish my former wife and children because I made a bad decision? That is totally illogical to me. There is always two sides to every story.

When I got divorced I voluntarily paid a lot more to my former wife and picked up all of the expenses for my children way beyond what any court would have required. I paid off the house, her car and all of her bills, left her with everything in the house except my personal stuff, and gave her half of our investments.

She was gainfully employed, a professor at a college, and made a good salary but I didn't want my children to have to experience a change in their standard of living just because their mother and I decided we didn't want to live together any longer. It sure as hell wasn't their fault. It took a couple of years but I recovered just fine.

Frank, based upon what I know about you that is what I would expect from you!

Glad I gave you a moment to get on the soap box...but that comment was more joke than anything else.

Sorry, I have had a long day and I guess my humor was hiding on me.

I recently had a conversation with a guy who was bragging about how he had hidden most of his money and how bad he was "screwing" his wife and kids.

I should have known you were saying that tongue in cheek. My bad. First mistake this year. hahaha

Is it me or does it seem like men in general lack compassion? The OP came is asking for support and of course the jokes start. Yea I know I'm guilty too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back