Multiple coverages when on Medicare

I should use a dictionary here for sure! You have fun with it but some of you rarely read all posts. It is what residuals do to agents?!

Last edited:
I could be reading this incorrectly, but it looks like both of you are looking for a way to generate a commission instead of trying to find a solution.

How small? Legitimate question, not a joke.

You are assuming Medicare is primary, which is not determined based on what is posted so far.

I am real curious where you came up with this gem. Please enlighten me.

The correct term is creditable coverage, not credible.
The group is <20
Medicare should be primary
My clients (I am not proficient in Medicare)

Correct, same with MAPD. I believe it’s a question on most MAPD applications. If you want to fill the gap, cover the deductible and co-pays. A hospital indemnity plan might work. Depending on where they live. I don’t think there are many indemnity plans in California.
Uh, they want all Medicare free. Their part B is a bone to swallow. Some people expect very small ss benefit and almost nothing else.

I was not correcting a spelling error . . . merely pointing out the correct term used by carriers and government when determining if your prior coverage is such that it can be CREDITED towards your new coverage.

CREDIBLE means the subject is believable . . . which has nothing to do with Part D or any other coverage where the carrier is looking to see if prior coverage could be credited towards the new coverage.

I looked at the 9 page document you linked and searched for references to CREDITABLE coverage . . . found 11 citations, all referring to creditable drug coverage . . . didn't see anything indicating credible/creditable coverage is determined by whether or not you have a working spouse covered under the group plan.

I need a bit more enlightenment . . .
About my spelling: Somarko, how many languages you know and practice in your practice?

Hey, if you want to tell every blue cross blue shield enrollee that they have creditable coverage that’s on you. I hope you have some good E&O. Hell, what does it matter these days.
verification is the highest form of trust:)

Back