Mutual of Omaha

I would say there are still some good offices out there in the agency system with Mutual, despite all the home office mail order and brokering going on. You could still be a career agent and make a decent living for sure.

I worked for them in the nineties.

Those of us with gray hair remember Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom TV show. Because of that legacy, they have the best calendars. The calendars have beautiful pictures of exotic animals.

I had mostly good experiences there, but a lot of what you get at a company like MOO is determined by your GA or GM and not just the company.

The company itself is solid and I got good training from them.

Good Luck,

:err:I appreciate the feedback. The guy seemed pretty down to earth, not pushy at all. He answered my questions honestly enough and said to do my due diligence and bring any questions in for the interview in the morning. He said dress business casual and I like that!

Anyway, not knowing much about the business, what should I ask and what should be the answers? Thanks in advance. Oh, by the way, i spoke to a couple of friends and neighbors and they ALL had MOO and were pleased. i wonder if this is a fluke or do they offer competitive products.

say hey to Marlin for me...

I never met Marlin Perkins and don't believe that meeting him is still possible. I did meet Jim Fowler. Jim was the younger guy who was more hands on with the animals.

Jim visited our office and brought a couple of snakes and birds. We were asked to bring our kids and he did a little presentation for them.

Jim was very good with the kids. My son was about 10 and really enjoyed it as did I.

Alston, I was at an office in NY and if you were in Connecticut, we used to have a contest between the two offices, winner gets steak, loser gets speghetti. Was that your office?

yep Alston, that was the office!!! I was out there from 1988-1989- and our NY office in Poughkeepsie had a contest with your office at that time, winner eats steak. Whoever writes the most. We met at some restaurant on the Connecticut side, probably near Danbury or somewhere.

Back