Mutual of Omaha

MOO doesn't officially make you a captive agent...you're a 1099, but they have a big problem with you writing for other companies.

Its true that you are not captive, and it is also true that your DM will check monthly what companies you are appointed with. The office I was out of, was not that bad. As long as we were producing for Mutual, it was alright. I am on the broker contract now, and if I had it to do over again, I would have gone the broker route from the get go. If you have what it takes to be a succesful agent, you can make it completley on your own, as well as be captive or semi captive. That is my 2 cents.

How do you switch to a broker contract with MOO? I'm working with them now

O, I didn't know it was that simple. What about my outstanding pay under my captive non-captive contract?

I got this offer from MOO. No training, although I think I could survive this. Want me to pay for block of orphan policy holders. I don't know if this is a standard or not. They will get me leads for 15 to 25 dollars a pop. Basically I would be on my own. Only thing would be the name recognition.

Opinions welcome!

I was also told orphan leads were free and that re-worked leads were free also. I plan on getting referrals anyways so hopefully I will not have to depend on leads too much.

Back