My Internet Leads Experience

When I had a palm treo phone, I had software that would record both sides of a phone call (it's legal in my state). I had evidence someone did not want a lead, which I could email to the lead vendor. I sure do miss that phone. My Motorola droid's hardware does not allow phone recordings with out using the external mic (quality of record is crap).

For you all that still use leads, learn about the county GIS system and verify the lead lives at the address. I used to seach the email, phone and name on google and use the results as evidence.

Good luck to you with your new prospecting method. Some one should set up a new email account. Then do a video walk through of submitting to a lead site (use an affiliate) and see where your "test" data gets sent. I think you would be surprized. I did this in 2010. The yahoo account I used has 484 spam emails from AWL as of today.

Even after reading all the horror stories I had to try real time internet leads, I wish I would have spent the $500 on some new hunting gear.

There is an art to working shared internet leads. Most agents fail at internet leads simply because they do not call the lead enough times. The name of the game is simple: it is all about getting that person on the phone. You may have to call them several times a day to get a voice. We get paid only when someone is sitting in front of us or when they are on the phone....no other time.

All the companies you mentioned all buy their leads from the same affiliates. Often times it is erroneous data that is resold and resold and resold.

Stay away from Precise Leads, Prosepct Match and Insureme. I wouldn't work their leads if they were free.

There is an art to working shared internet leads. Most agents fail at internet leads simply because they do not call the lead enough times. The name of the game is simple: it is all about getting that person on the phone. You may have to call them several times a day to get a voice. We get paid only when someone is sitting in front of us or when they are on the phone....no other time.

All the companies you mentioned all buy their leads from the same affiliates. Often times it is erroneous data that is resold and resold and resold.

Stay away from Precise Leads, Prosepct Match and Insureme. I wouldn't work their leads if they were free.

If the secret to shared internet leads success is to be the one still calling a week later, couldn't you have just as much success scrubbing the white pages with the DNC list and bother someone until they give in?

Agents know the problem of internet leads, yet they keep buying them. But, from the consumer side, think about how bad it is for them. Do you think a consumer will ever complete a lead form more than once?

Internet Leads work. Case Closed. Next.

Thanks for the in depth insight there. You've made a great point. Someone should nominate you for a communications award!

Nothing 100% works for everyone. If it did, the world would only have one church. If you can't communicate better than to leave such short words what's the point in even being on here at all?

Thanks for the in depth insight there. You've made a great point. Someone should nominate you for a communications award!

Nothing 100% works for everyone. If it did, the world would only have one church. If you can't communicate better than to leave such short words what's the point in even being on here at all?

eat my shorts.

while i acknowledge that internet leads will not work for everyone, maybe some people r afraid to ask for the sale, are nervous about talkin on the phone, dont have the required marketing $$ to bank roll their biz....etc.

or a smart ass ADD/OCD/IBS/Dyslexic young buck like me and dont have the patience to deal with ms "i aints had no insurancez in about 5 years" or mr "if u aints insurinz me wifes too u cant get me nidder"

but for most insurance lines, internet leads do work, if u get them with the right filters.

eat my shorts.

while i acknowledge that internet leads will not work for everyone, maybe some people r afraid to ask for the sale, are nervous about talkin on the phone, dont have the required marketing $$ to bank roll their biz....etc.

or a smart ass ADD/OCD/IBS/Dyslexic young buck like me and dont have the patience to deal with ms "i aints had no insurancez in about 5 years" or mr "if u aints insurinz me wifes too u cant get me nidder"

but for most insurance lines, internet leads do work, if u get them with the right filters.
Internet leads are dead. Leave all of your web to me.

Back