My office is not what I thought, bad sitaution

I've never stepped into a business that works where it's all friends.

Fixed that for you.

Now, I don't know exactly how it works at State Farm, but transferring agent offices isn't like transferring bank branches of a large conglomerate company. Each agent runs their office within the guidelines of State Farm. You aren't turning your back on State Farm. You're leaving that particular agent.

This video is some training that a really advanced life insurance and annuity agent gave to State Farm agents back about 18 months ago. Van Mueller is one of the top insurance agents in the country and he does MILLIONS of dollars a year in commission business... selling life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds. The training was recorded and I put it on my YouTube channel. It's four hours... but I bet you could learn some things in there and it's specific for State Farm.

This training won't help you much in the environment that you described... but I bet it would be VERY helpful for where ever you go next.

Btw, I would scope out other various offices and see how they run during the day. Are they busy? Are they attentive to you when you walk in the door? Pretend that you're doing a "secret shop" and check them out.

When you are finally interviewed and you are asked "Why did you leave the other SF agent? Why should I consider bringing you on board when you quit so quickly?"

You can answer something like this:

"I don't want to speak badly of the other agent. It is their business and however they want to run it is their business. But I've seen enough of those "Kitchen Nightmares" and other business renovation shows where if you're too friendly with each other, you have poor attitudes, or a lack of focus in the agent and their staff... then that business is going to suffer. I didn't want to start my new career potentially being taught bad habits from day one."

"But when I came to check out your office, your staff was professional and courteous. They are focused on doing the job at hand. This is the right kind of environment that I originally envisioned for myself and I think, with your help and guidance, and with the right staffing that you already have... I can see myself doing a great job and enjoying a great new career in your office."

Btw, I would scope out other various offices and see how they run during the day. Are they busy? Are they attentive to you when you walk in the door? Pretend that you're doing a "secret shop" and check them out.

When you are finally interviewed and you are asked "Why did you leave the other SF agent? Why should I consider bringing you on board when you quit so quickly?"

You can answer something like this:

"I don't want to speak badly of the other agent. It is their business and however they want to run it is their business. But I've seen enough of those "Kitchen Nightmares" and other business renovation shows where if you're too friendly with each other, you have poor attitudes, or a lack of focus in the agent and their staff... then that business is going to suffer. I didn't want to start my new career potentially being taught bad habits from day one."

"But when I came to check out your office, your staff was professional and courteous. They are focused on doing the job at hand. This is the right kind of environment that I originally envisioned for myself and I think, with your help and guidance, and with the right staffing that you already have... I can see myself doing a great job and enjoying a great new career in your office."

Thank you! Your advice is fantastic. I appreciate it!

Fixed that for you.

Now, I don't know exactly how it works at State Farm, but transferring agent offices isn't like transferring bank branches of a large conglomerate company. Each agent runs their office within the guidelines of State Farm. You aren't turning your back on State Farm. You're leaving that particular agent.

This video is some training that a really advanced life insurance and annuity agent gave to State Farm agents back about 18 months ago. Van Mueller is one of the top insurance agents in the country and he does MILLIONS of dollars a year in commission business... selling life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds. The training was recorded and I put it on my YouTube channel. It's four hours... but I bet you could learn some things in there and it's specific for State Farm.

This training won't help you much in the environment that you described... but I bet it would be VERY helpful for where ever you go next.

Thanks for taking your time posting all this. I'm sure you've had a busy day

Ha @ the 9 post wonder

And let's count up how many times YOU'VE changed your focus and direction in the past year... hmmm???

pot+meet+kettle.jpg

Latest posts

Back