My office is not what I thought, bad sitaution

Hello, this week I started working at a local insurance office in California. I'm a few days in and I walked into something I would have kept far away from. My license application was paid for by the owner and I'm awaiting approval but I'm afraid I won't make it or learn in this office. My goal is to help people while making a living/having a career. I sort of lost about how to make a exit to another office.

So far this is the negative I have seen:

• Quoting things incorrectly on auto insurance quotes, manipulating quotes( discounts, good driving courses that they have not done nor know about etc.) The goal of this is to create a artificial lower quote for the need of business.
  • The one full time woman there is on her phone every minute of the day. It vibrates loud on the desk from text messages every 10 seconds (no joke). The owner says nothing accept ( don't have too much fun).
  • There isnt much direction the owner has been doing insurance for like 3 years and isnt very knowledable.
  • Agency is not profittable at all. Was told I will fill that gap hopefully, meanwhile they don't leave the office or make effort.
  • The loss ratio for this office is terrible. They write bad business
  • This sounds silly but its 95 degrees where I am right now and they barely use the A/C. I was sweating bullets and she turns the air on and the girl takes a tower heater and has it blowing on her...wtf
  • They have no appointments maybe one every other week. They maybe do some outside business once a month.
  • One person in the office who texts all day left the lead system running and wasted $100 because the owner left the office for a company meeting. She couldn't care less.

You live in California... begin by moving. :yes:

"The loss ratio for this office is terrible. They write bad business"

Placing business by underrating it will result in a poor loss ratio, not to mention that deliberately misrating business is quite likely illegal.

Its a very small industry - chances are the places you apply to will already be aware of your offices "shortcomings".

Just be kind, honest and humble its not wrong of you to want something better.

Back