MyMedicare Never Changes Primary Coverage

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Enrolled in Medicare while still covered under wife's group insurance. Only for a few months and easier than relying on them to complete forms to avoid late enrollment, blah, blah.

Checked MyMedicare in late January to make sure they had everything correct.

They don't.

Show Anthem as primary.

Called and explained that coverage termed 12/31/15.

Checked MyMedicare again today. Still showing Anthem as primary. Decided to use the chat feature.

According to my chat buddy, Mcare records do indicate primary is Mcare.

Why hasn't it changed on MyMedicare?

Those records don't change.

Really?

So when I change my drug plan or Medigap they will always show my original carriers and never change?

Chat buddy - I explained that already. We have the correct information in our system.

How do I know you have the right information?

Chat buddy - I explained 3x what we have as your coverage.

Decided I had enough of this clown and termed the chat.

Seriously? They never change the original information? What if I change my PCP? That never changes?

Anyone encountered this stupidity before?

Enrolled in Medicare while still covered under wife's group insurance. Only for a few months and easier than relying on them to complete forms to avoid late enrollment, blah, blah.

Checked MyMedicare in late January to make sure they had everything correct.

They don't.

Show Anthem as primary.

Called and explained that coverage termed 12/31/15.

Checked MyMedicare again today. Still showing Anthem as primary. Decided to use the chat feature.

According to my chat buddy, Mcare records do indicate primary is Mcare.

Why hasn't it changed on MyMedicare?

Those records don't change.

Really?

So when I change my drug plan or Medigap they will always show my original carriers and never change?

Chat buddy - I explained that already. We have the correct information in our system.

How do I know you have the right information?

Chat buddy - I explained 3x what we have as your coverage.

Decided I had enough of this clown and termed the chat.

Seriously? They never change the original information? What if I change my PCP? That never changes?

Anyone encountered this stupidity before?

They certainly show changes for MAPD and PDP plans from year to year if a person changes plans. But that's on the search function where you input the zip code, Medicare Number, Part A effective date and birthday in the plan finder section and not under MyMedicare.

As for your last question, surely that was somewhat of a rhetorical question.

After reading the first post and saying "WTF is MyMedicare"? I fouND out I had registered there in 2010 and promptly forgot all about it (symptom of TMB). Anyway, once on the site, they had my info right, including the change from one MAPD to another a few years ago.

As far as encountering stupidity, I was in the military for ten years. Need I say more?

Back