Wellcare Wants PROOF of Medicare Coverage

File enough complaints.....every chance . ...every reason you get. Put them in the CMS jailhouse. This is going to be a make or break year for Wellcare. No way in the world with half the country on their free plan will they have the ability to service customers.

Carriers seem to have latitude to do almost anything they want and do so with impunity, which statute are they breaching here?

My client called the 800 number on her letter and they answered the phone with "Wellcare Medicare Advantage . . ."

This is bullshit!!!
Did you call the 800 number? Did you bother to call your broker manager or your upline that your appointed with?

I signed a client up a few weeks ago with uhc MAPD. They asked for a copy of his medicare ID. It was entered wrong in the portal. It’s not that uncommon.

I have mis-transposed numbers before, and I have had clients read off or email me an incorrect number.

But that is not the case here.

Wellcare already has the information, they don't need the insured to send anything to market to them. Wellcare provides agencies with a list of its PDP clients to outbound and upsell to MAPD already, they don't need permission from the insured or their agent.

Recent letter to my insured on MedSupp that went with another carrier for their PDP due to mixture of Rx/pharmacy, etc, one that now accepts agents on their PDP's.
The letter had 2 columns comparing the PDP and out of pocket Rx costs with that of their MAPD. The message: You can save money on your plan with this option. No mention of Max out of pocket, networks, just switching to the MAPD will save money.
This is not the FMO, etc. It's the insurance company's advertising.

Back