Wellcare Wants PROOF of Medicare Coverage

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Client notified me that Wellcare has asked for PROOF of Medicare coverage before they can/will process her PDP application. She has had continuous A/B coverage since 2018. She will be replacing existing coverage.

Please provide proof of Medicare coverage. Please provide your Medicare number, first name, last name, and DOB which are printed on your red, white and blue Medicare health insurance card.

Seriously???

Wellcare
PO Box 31411
Tampa, GL 33631-3411

Why can't they verify through MARx?

Wow, never heard of this and we send enrollment links to several thousands of people for Wellcare. I wonder what triggered the inquiry.

Wow, never heard of this and we send enrollment links to several thousands of people for Wellcare. I wonder what triggered the inquiry.

My client thinks it is a trick to gather more information so Wellcare can add to their database when they start soliciting for MAPD plans.

I think she is right.

Client notified me that Wellcare has asked for PROOF of Medicare coverage before they can/will process her PDP application.
They already have this information. Everything is computerized now.

This information is on the main page of her Social Security page. It's also on the main page of her Medicare.gov account. Hell, this page even shows what supplement and company she has as well as her effective dates.

Just Wellcare being Wellcare.

They already have this information. Everything is computerized now.

This information is on the main page of her Social Security page. It's also on the main page of her Medicare.gov account. Hell, this page even shows what supplement and company she has as well as her effective dates.

Just Wellcare being Wellcare.

True, they have access to some of this information via MARx, but I think this is more sinister.

By voluntarily giving this information they might consider this IMPLIED CONSENT to contact them regarding MAPD coverage . . . much like a business reply card.

True, they have access to some of this information via MARx, but I think this is more sinister.

By voluntarily giving this information they might consider this IMPLIED CONSENT to contact them regarding MAPD coverage . . . much like a business reply card.
Sounds accurate

I have done 100’s of WC Part D apps. Never had this happen

This is something that has never come up before with a client, and most of my clients alert me when they are asked to provide additional information and were not prepared for it.

The correspondence was a form letter with 2 options. This may be something new for first timers with Wellcare, and it seems incredibly suspicious.

I have an email going out tomorrow to all my new (as of 2023) clients alerting them to this situation. My last newsletter of the year will go out next week with the same warning.

I will be surprised if this is the only situation where Wellcare is asking for something out of the ordinary.

Back