NAA -- Dont Bash it Before You Read! Input Appreciated!

I am not now, nor ever been affiliated with NAA. However I am trying to figure out why selling people life insurance, that currently have NO life insurance is unethical, would jeopardize your license, or cause you trouble sleeping at night(?).

When that death benefit check is cut, I don't think the client will be complaining, do you?

its a non~med over priced client really needs more coverage for the bucks thang.....instead of scaring the client into thinking they have a undiagnosed condition/scared of needle ,slam them non~med so the policy places quicker so all the agents and up line get paid quickly thang.....

I agree...You sound like a very bright individual...However, I must say that if you go with NAA, you have just pissed away any respect anyone is going to have for you. And that finance degree you worked hard for will be used as nothing more than a piece of paper on the wall. Coming from a young guy who is successful financiall and mentally in this business you would be better off with a company like Met, MassMutual, NYL, or North Western Mutual. Or go with an agency that is going to train you to be successful and not just go after the unethical quick sale to put money in your pocket and then end up paying it back when I come along and replace it and do the best thing for the client. PM if you would like some good advice.

I agree...You sound like a very bright individual...However, I must say that if you go with NAA, you have just pissed away any respect anyone is going to have for you. And that finance degree you worked hard for will be used as nothing more than a piece of paper on the wall. Coming from a young guy who is successful financiall and mentally in this business you would be better off with a company like Met, MassMutual, NYL, or North Western Mutual. Or go with an agency that is going to train you to be successful and not just go after the unethical quick sale to put money in your pocket and then end up paying it back when I come along and replace it and do the best thing for the client. PM if you would like some good advice.

Excellent advice...

If your looking to work while going to school, consider this: Find a respected independent agent in town, ask him to grab coffee with you sometime, and offer to bird dog for him for a split of the business (preferably 50/50). You can work your ass off for a few hours each day, learn to sell, and learn insurance through joint work. The business will offer residual income that you will be building. Insurance and investments can offer an extremely rewarding career, both financiallly and mentally, but it's not a get rich quick scheme. I enjoy insurance, but it's not an end all for me, I want to build a strong residual income and also branch off into other areas like real estate or other small businesses.

If your looking to work while going to school, consider this: Find a respected independent agent in town, ask him to grab coffee with you sometime, and offer to bird dog for him for a split of the business (preferably 50/50). You can work your ass off for a few hours each day, learn to sell, and learn insurance through joint work. The business will offer residual income that you will be building. Insurance and investments can offer an extremely rewarding career, both financiallly and mentally, but it's not a get rich quick scheme. I enjoy insurance, but it's not an end all for me, I want to build a strong residual income and also branch off into other areas like real estate or other small businesses.

I agree totally. Building up residuals in this business gives you some stability. It is nice to start off a year with a nice chunck of renewals to hold off the pressure if you want to take time off. Also the financial rewards of doing the Real Insurance and Financial business vs. the NAA thing is that with NAA you are constantly hunting for the next policy b/c it is a one shot deal and nothing further. The real way you get that nice income you can build and it keeps coming.

I can't thank you guys enough. Through the Ripoff Report, I found this site and now have a better understanding of NAA and their unethical practices. I have been self employed since I got out of the Army in 1996. I have owned several restaurants but with the rising cost of goods and the drastic decrease of dependable employees, I want to try something new. I am interested in the insurance business and would greatly appreciate any advice that you guys care to share. I wecome any emails or better yet phone calls. My number is 678-549-6811. Thanks in advance for your opinions and suggestions. Matt

have you tried mexican food.....low food cost.......

I can't thank you guys enough. Through the Ripoff Report, I found this site and now have a better understanding of NAA and their unethical practices. I have been self employed since I got out of the Army in 1996. I have owned several restaurants but with the rising cost of goods and the drastic decrease of dependable employees, I want to try something new. I am interested in the insurance business and would greatly appreciate any advice that you guys care to share. I wecome any emails or better yet phone calls. My number is 678-549-6811. Thanks in advance for your opinions and suggestions. Matt

Back