Need Help Choosing Coverage

munson

Expert
I have a client that does not have a warehouse/inventory and is a distributor of flooring products and lighting fixtures. High end stuff. He owns the distribution company. Office at home. He goes out and sells to builders, developers and individual homeowners. I was thinking GL and product liability or a BOP. Need help on this one. Thank you.

The floor product is. The light products, because he does not have a warehouse yet, is delivered to him at home and he brings it to the site. Thank you.

I am a little out of practice and don't have access to any manuals right now, but:

While I can't give you a GL class code, you're probably not looking at a BOP class. You're looking to write GL (which includes Products Liab) and some Property/Inland Marine (who covers it between A-B-C?) at least. Package that if you can.

If/When he has a warehouse and inventory, you'll need to re-evaluate the property needs. Until then I'd advise writing Contents and Business Income on the home office and instructing him to call you the minute he even thinks about renting space or keeping any inventory.

Back