Need Help on My Insurance Career

Congrats on getting it done and good luck to you.

Use ExamFX.com to take your classes - it's easier.

If you need a discount code to get a special rate - shoot me an email.

Tom

I need redemption codes for life and health for PA and possibly the casualty and property too. I tried to message as you asked, but since this is my first post and you have to have 20 to have that privilege, hoped that if i quoted you, you'd see it and could send it to me. Many thanks.

His proposition was he would bring me in part time paying like12/hr and hire someone full time instead because he really needs someone.
He believes by hiring me part time I can get my feet wet and learn what to do when the time comes. Then he said that by April I have to be licensed and he will let his full time person go and I will take her spot he will let her go because he doesn't think she can grow with the company and although she is licensed she doesn't have half of the potential that i have but in order to do this i will have to be licensed.
Now here is the dilemma the class cost 450 dollars for the P&C if i do the life and health insurance it will be $650 all together. I am a college student and do not have that money to fork out because he can't pay for it because I will be part time not full time. He said if i do pass when he brings me on full time I will be reimbursed.

I don't like the way he is talking about an employee to someone he is interviewing! :mad:Who knows what is he saying to her? I wouldn't trust him to reimburse you and I would not want to work under him in this industry later on. That is just so wrong what he is doing.:no:

I'm not in insurance yet, but just as a mother speaking I would run for he hills. It sounds like he is full of drama and you don't need that especially being in school!!! You need to be able to leave work and focus on your studies not boss drama! :mad:

What about getting your life and health first? To pay for it, is there anything you could sell ebay? (Ask your parents if they want to get rid anything too! );) I've used a sellers assistant before, they keep part of the comission as payment. It's hassle free, the one I used picked up my stuff, and I had cash quickly. Can you do some temp work on the weekends? Can you see if any of your parents friends or neighbors need help with cleaning out a garage or something around the house? I'd ask if they needed any returns done, any errands, scrub their oven or bathroom for $20, vac out behind the fridge, handivac their cars, people are so pressed for time these days there is going to be something they are willing to pay you for. :1smile:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FYI,

Just in case anyone is looking for a cheap online study program. I used "aaonlineclasses.com" $65 for L&H, looks cheezy, but I passed.

Wow it's only $99 for FL! I paid over $200 and it didn't include the FL manual. Thank you for the link! :cool:I have a few friends that will be taking a course soon.

Last edited:
I am in a similar situation. I got licensed in August and will be graduating this May. I work for an independent agency, and the prospect of receiving a salary and commision would be very nice. This seems like a great deal. Will you be responsible for paying for your E & O? Leads?

I need redemption codes for life and health for PA and possibly the casualty and property too. I tried to message as you asked, but since this is my first post and you have to have 20 to have that privilege, hoped that if i quoted you, you'd see it and could send it to me. Many thanks.

I will assume that by redemption code you mean discount code. First, check on the PA DOI website which has a link to SIRCON.COM where you can find a list of approved pre-licensing course providers. From there you can "google" the various providers to check their offerings and prices (including discounts).
:)

Maybe I am the only one who thinks it's kind of suspicious that he would let the full time person go he just hired the same time as you just to make you full time. I mean, he says she doesn't have the same "potential", but I still think it sounds rather shady.

If you have followed the Becoming a State Farm Agent thread you would understand why an agent may want to cut a full-timer for a part-timer.

Can you please provide me with the discount code for ExamFx online LB course? Thanks.

Tom...can you please send me a discount code for ExamFX Life, Health and Accident online course? Thanks. Linda

I used the Kaplan book to study for about two weeks. I didnt take classes or any in depth courses. I ended up passing the test. My point is this: you can do ALOT of the studying by yourself without the help of a company or class. See if State Farm or whomever has a book that you can borrow. I figured I saved myself about 200 bucks for not going to the classes and I feel I learned fairly quickly. It took about 2 weeks. I was ready in about 8 days or so but the testing center was booked for another week. I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Tom,

I would appreciate a discount code if you still have one. I didn't realize how expensive the course would be.

thanks in advance for any help you can give,

shedragon713

Back