Need Help with Quotes

I can't sell it. I have a rate sheet that a client gave me. When I run across someone that has to have GI then I tell them about MoO and give them the number to call.
JD.. Can you share that number? I was think of picking up Gerber for GI but have decided against it. If the people are in such bad shape I can't write Settlers Bronze or ti the bronze cost is prohibitive, then I would rather no write them. Those sales are not much more than a charge back waiting to happen.. :no:

JD.. Can you share that number? I was think of picking up Gerber for GI but have decided against it. If the people are in such bad shape I can't write Settlers Bronze or ti the bronze cost is prohibitive, then I would rather no write them. Those sales are not much more than a charge back waiting to happen.. :no:
Good point! I'll carry that # too.

I'm on the road right now and don't have my work stuff with me. I'll post when I get in tonight or in the morning.

I agree with what you said there. I wouldn't sell it even if I could. I didn't pick up Vantis and I'm not picking up Gerber either

In my opinion the risk is greater than the reward on that business..

The # is (800)377-9000.

One thing I've been noticing lately is that agents spend WAY too much time worrying about GI products. There is no real money in them and there are very few applicants that need them. We can cover most people with graded or better.

Agents that would sell Monumental or 5-Star all day long when Lafayette might be cheaper will stress out that MOO is slightly cheaper than something else they offer.

My recommendation is pick up Gerber AND Settlers. Vantis is fine too. The few cases you run into that need GI or near GI, write them and pigeon-hole the money in your reserve account. Potential charge backs are no problem as long as you didn't spend the money. If you write 10 GI cases and 5 of them charge back 100%, you still got to keep the commission on five. So if you walked away from all 10 worrying about charge backs...how did you come out ahead?

And if you can afford to walk away from the business, you can afford to set the money aside one or two years. Just don't spend it. What are we, financially incompetent?

I don't understand why GI business is the cause of so much worry to so many agents.

One thing I've been noticing lately is that agents spend WAY too much time worrying about GI products. There is no real money in them and there are very few applicants that need them. We can cover most people with graded or better.

Agents that would sell Monumental or 5-Star all day long when Lafayette might be cheaper will stress out that MOO is slightly cheaper than something else they offer.

My recommendation is pick up Gerber AND Settlers. Vantis is fine too. The few cases you run into that need GI or near GI, write them and pigeon-hole the money in your reserve account. Potential charge backs are no problem as long as you didn't spend the money. If you write 10 GI cases and 5 of them charge back 100%, you still got to keep the commission on five. So if you walked away from all 10 worrying about charge backs...how did you come out ahead?

And if you can afford to walk away from the business, you can afford to set the money aside one or two years. Just don't spend it. What are we, financially incompetent?

I don't understand why GI business is the cause of so much worry to so many agents.

You're right about that. I think we just hate to walk away from business...we want to feel like we've got all or most of the bases covered, but like you say...GI isn't very profitable and we don't need to write it that often.

Back