Need to Hire and Agent

I have done arrangements of this fashion over the years, quite successfully.

However, anyone who felt the need to say they would "bury me" in the initial conversation is someone I would run from. They are telling me from the word go they don't trust me. I learned long ago not to trust people who instinctively don't trust others. In my experience it generally means they are not trustworthy.

Sure sounded scary when he said it, didn't it?:swoon:

I am just curious what he'd do. Come to my house? I live in a city where it is the law to own a gun. Literally, if you don't own a gun in your home, you are breaking the law (kinda) lol

How it works is simple , I will explain to you even though you are not really interested. Over the course of a 7 year period I had and agent take my leads and not split me on the apps for my 40%. He stole 710 cases for $1.5m+ in premium. Yes we had a contract and he know pays me $10k a month per our court settlement.

How I do this is by splitting the cases on the app. Writing agent goes on for 60% and I go on for 40%. I do the phone interviews with agent or with Foresters they can just split me on the app etc.... very simple and clean. My CRM tracks every time you go into a file and what you do when you are in that file. I caught the guy by calling his closed leads and found out they bought from him and I was not split on the app. I had to hire a firm to call all of his leads and insurance companies to find out the cases he stole.

I don't care how you guys run your business but this is how I run mine. We write all types of life insurance, down to a $2,500- $30 monthly premium to a guy with $6m paying $64k per year.

I know it is tough for some people to get released from their contracts that is why it does not matter if you move contracts to me . I am not hear to collect contracts , I am here to find someone that wants to work. Sure in the beginning the leads are worked already but if the agent is committed and produces then they will receive live calls from ads.

So the bottom line is don't be a crook and you will get good leads and make money.

Get good leads?You said the leads were broke at the time or you couldn't sell them.You need a $3/hr foreign telemarketer to call these . Any agent who's 1/2 busy wouldn't waste valuable time on these.

How it works is simple , I will explain to you even though you are not really interested. Over the course of a 7 year period I had and agent take my leads and not split me on the apps for my 40%. He stole 710 cases for $1.5m+ in premium. Yes we had a contract and he know pays me $10k a month per our court settlement.

How I do this is by splitting the cases on the app. Writing agent goes on for 60% and I go on for 40%. I do the phone interviews with agent or with Foresters they can just split me on the app etc.... very simple and clean. My CRM tracks every time you go into a file and what you do when you are in that file. I caught the guy by calling his closed leads and found out they bought from him and I was not split on the app. I had to hire a firm to call all of his leads and insurance companies to find out the cases he stole.

I don't care how you guys run your business but this is how I run mine. We write all types of life insurance, down to a $2,500- $30 monthly premium to a guy with $6m paying $64k per year.

I know it is tough for some people to get released from their contracts that is why it does not matter if you move contracts to me . I am not hear to collect contracts , I am here to find someone that wants to work. Sure in the beginning the leads are worked already but if the agent is committed and produces then they will receive live calls from ads.

So the bottom line is don't be a crook and you will get good leads and make money.

You pretty much confirmed my thoughts. In and of itself, it could be a good situation. May need to be tweaked depending upon aged to fresh leads. Fortunately it is all split on the app, no money changing hands or chargebacks to deal with. However, you have been burned and you come across as a person who is going burn the next person before they have a chance to burn you. Relationships like this, particularly when you don't hold the contracts, depend on trust. I don't sense that you are going to trust anyone.

Get good leads?You said the leads were broke at the time or you couldn't sell them.You need a $3/hr foreign telemarketer to call these . Any agent who's 1/2 busy wouldn't waste valuable time on these.

and there's only 3-5 per day lol

I prefer people to be upfront. Sure "bury you" is a little harsh but everyone is so sensitive now a days. Would it be better if I said something like " I will not tolerate agents how steal from me. I will do everything in my power to make sure I recover all premiums". Also this is the only agent to ever do this and I have had many successful agents leave me to start their own agencies which is the main goal. Now all of their contracts are under me , they buy their own leads from where ever they want and keep all their commissions. We are all friends and highly successful so the problem is you telling people they should "run". Everyone starts with a clean slate and sorry if I run a tight ship but people know what to expect when they first login to CRM. I wish did not have to be this way but there are some many crooked agents out there. Take this for example was at a networking event and I received a call from a lead. I told them I would call them back. I then placed my phone on the table and went to get a drink. Another insurance guy that was sitting next to me looked at the number on my phone and called them the next day and tried to sell them. When I called them the next day they said I just spoke to someone from your office and bought a policy. I won't tell you what I did but needless to say the case is now with me. I trust everyone which can be a problem sometimes.

----------

I have 5k from the last 4 months , you want 200 a day ????

I have no problem telling people to run. You came out guns blazing. It isn't being sensitive or not. You don't come across as blunt or upfront, you come across as, "I don't trust you, so I'll screw you before you can screw me." And I will always advise people to run from anyone giving off that vibe.

Again, I have done similar situations and worked out well. Neither of us came out telling the other person they better not screw me.

Hopefully you can readjust your outlook and find more successful arrangements in the future.

some no money at the time, some needed to wait, etc......PEOPLE THESE ARE FREE LEADS THAT COST YOU NOTHING AND YOU CAN DO IT ALL OVER THE PHONE. How about I call the leads sell the polices and put you on the app for 99% and I will do all the work. No one wants to work anymore but if you are new to the business this is a great start. All of my agents write over 100k annually with FE, Ul and term polices etc....

----------

that is your opinion of how I am coming across does not mean you are right or wrong it is just your opinion. My arrangements are successful talk to any one of my agents but I need to weed out the agents whose first thought is how can I write the leads and keep them. I can usually tell from the first interview if an agent will work and if money is there number 1 concern then they are not for me. If they are interested in learning and growing my business then they are for me and they will make a lot of money. People want everything for free and things to be easy. I don't accept average I want the best. My model is set up for people to succeed not fail.

some no money at the time, some needed to wait, etc......PEOPLE THESE ARE FREE LEADS THAT COST YOU NOTHING AND YOU CAN DO IT ALL OVER THE PHONE. How about I call the leads sell the polices and put you on the app for 99% and I will do all the work. No one wants to work anymore but if you are new to the business this is a great start. All of my agents write over 100k annually with FE, Ul and term polices etc....

----------

that is your opinion of how I am coming across does not mean you are right or wrong it is just your opinion. My arrangements are successful talk to any one of my agents but I need to weed out the agents whose first thought is how can I write the leads and keep them. I can usually tell from the first interview if an agent will work and if money is there number 1 concern then they are not for me. If they are interested in learning and growing my business then they are for me and they will make a lot of money. People want everything for free and things to be easy. I don't accept average I want the best. My model is set up for people to succeed not fail.

So now you're insulting agents for not wanting to work for 1/2 of what they usually get. These aren't free leads, you give up 1/2 of your commissions for these "free" leads.:skeptical:

Back