NetQuote Increasing Prices...is this the Straw?

I have come across a few leads that im nurturing, I wouldn't call them a china egg yet, because they have completed a fact finder, and want to stay in touch. I saw on a different thread someone saying that a few leads will buy after a year or so, if that's the case then my actual income is unpredictable.

Considering the opportunity costs though (time I could've spent doing other prospecting) I don't think buying more leads is profitable. I usually call each lead several times, before giving up. I send a mailer (after verifying address) and describe some concern they may have for example:
-if late fifties, with 300k+ home value, I throw in a LTC brochure
-if in early to mid 60's, I use a retire confidently brochure
-if 40-50, I highlight how much theyre income is worth (death/disability)

not gonna lie, I just started this last week and have sent close to 60 mailers. I plan to do a email drop as well.

my marketing budget isn't too high, and id like to keep it around $400-$500 with any increases coming from faster turn-around products (term/rollovers)

as for going under someones wing, I am, and I joint work every case. I have other ways I prospect as well. with these leads, most of the producers find it hard to call them back right away, which is win/lose imo. I know I wasted money not calling people immediately.

Im gonna take your warning, and stop before I bleed out. the last ten leads have been really bad, not only is it someones real phone number and address, but the vmail says their name, and they do not answer my calls or return messages, even when I leave them something like: "...if you are no longer interested in a quote, its ok, just call me back and let me know so I can remove you from my list. The last thing I want to be is a pest."

id really like to hear from someone whos been in a similar program with similar products to see whats working or whats a huuge waste of time.

I have come across a few leads that im nurturing, I wouldn't call them a china egg yet, because they have completed a fact finder, and want to stay in touch. I saw on a different thread someone saying that a few leads will buy after a year or so, if that's the case then my actual income is unpredictable. Considering the opportunity costs though (time I could've spent doing other prospecting) I don't think buying more leads is profitable. I usually call each lead several times, before giving up. I send a mailer (after verifying address) and describe some concern they may have for example: -if late fifties, with 300k+ home value, I throw in a LTC brochure -if in early to mid 60's, I use a retire confidently brochure -if 40-50, I highlight how much theyre income is worth (death/disability) not gonna lie, I just started this last week and have sent close to 60 mailers. I plan to do a email drop as well. my marketing budget isn't too high, and id like to keep it around $400-$500 with any increases coming from faster turn-around products (term/rollovers) as for going under someones wing, I am, and I joint work every case. I have other ways I prospect as well. with these leads, most of the producers find it hard to call them back right away, which is win/lose imo. I know I wasted money not calling people immediately. Im gonna take your warning, and stop before I bleed out. the last ten leads have been really bad, not only is it someones real phone number and address, but the vmail says their name, and they do not answer my calls or return messages, even when I leave them something like: "...if you are no longer interested in a quote, its ok, just call me back and let me know so I can remove you from my list. The last thing I want to be is a pest." id really like to hear from someone whos been in a similar program with similar products to see whats working or whats a huuge waste of time.

The Hometown Quotes guy is active on this forum and is rumored to have better internet leads than NetQuote. You might try a sampling of those to see if that's true.

Blackberry? Really? You must be one of their last three customers...:D

yea. I love the keyboard, and it does everything I need. don't get me wrong if apple had an iphone with a keyboard id jump ship, but some things are hard to get past. I tried typing on a screen and it was really frustrating, plus swiping sometimes clicked stuff I didn't want clicked, the keyboard popped up when I had nothing to say...I just couldn't do it.

----------

The Hometown Quotes guy is active on this forum and is rumored to have better internet leads than NetQuote. You might try a sampling of those to see if that's true.

So, I did go on his site, maybe he generates better leads for auto/home/health. As for life, I went through and requested a quote for life insurance, $500k in Whole Life (I thought the owner of the site might call me personally, lol)

In any case, I got a lead for myself through NetQuote, right away. After putting in your contact info and amount you want it generates 4-5 companies (some had ads like $1 for $50k of Life?) and NYL, I selected Accuquote I think, and it made me do the same process....well from a customers standpoint I can see why they are frustrated when I call. They put in all this info and get the run'around.

id really like to hear from someone whos been in a similar program with similar products to see whats working or whats a huuge waste of time.

Quit buying leads.

Choose the 1 product you like the best.

Start a blog.

For the amount of time it takes you to write a comment on a web forum you could be blogging

And generating your own traffic. And your own leads. If you can write good content.

Quit buying leads. Choose the 1 product you like the best. Start a blog. For the amount of time it takes you to write a comment on a web forum you could be blogging And generating your own traffic. And your own leads. If you can write good content.

Start a blog over buying leads? If a new agent is betting the odds, leads will crush blog responses nearly every time. Not discounting the eventual, occasional success someone may have with a blog, but I'd never rely on that until I had six figures worth of renewals coming in. But that's just me...

Start a blog over buying leads? If a new agent is betting the odds, leads will crush blog responses nearly every time. Not discounting the eventual, occasional success someone may have with a blog, but I'd never rely on that until I had six figures worth of renewals coming in. But that's just me...

Yea, not happening. I think he was being sarcastic...my posts were pretty long...

Start a blog over buying leads? ..

Yes. Absolutely. The leads you get through your own blog are yours. And your quality is better.

----------

Yea, not happening. I think he was being sarcastic...my posts were pretty long...

I think I was being honest and serious.

Start a blog. Like yesterday.

Or don't.

It is your eventual success we are talking about.

Yes. Absolutely. The leads you get through your own blog are yours. And your quality is better.

----------

I think I was being honest and serious.

Start a blog. Like yesterday.

Or don't.

It is your eventual success we are talking about.

There is nothing wrong with starting a blog. But it isn't going to generate enough lead flow for a while.

Start a blog, but keep buying leads until the blog can pay the bills.

Yes. Absolutely. The leads you get through your own blog are yours. And your quality is better. ---------- I think I was being honest and serious. Start a blog. Like yesterday. Or don't. It is your eventual success we are talking about.

Early failure prevents eventual success as any reserves run out before enough people discover the blog exists. Starting a blog while buying leads could pay off eventually. Starting a blog as the primary source of prospects without spending on leads is a Hail Mary pass, not a strategy.

Back