New Agent Looking for Advice

Trmy05

hello, I am new to the insurance industry. I just received my resident license a few weeks ago and working on non resident license. I have worked for an FMO as a CSR generating leads for a year now and the company has decided to pay for me to become licensed in 22 states to sell medicare products. I have about 13 states under my belt now, but Im not happy with the working conditions of this FMO. I have not wrote any business yet because I am still in the process of getting appointed with the insurance companies. The FMO is handling all my licensing and conracts in which I have no access to check on since they have provided the insurance companies with the company email address, phone number, and mailing address so that everything goes directly to them. I am really unhappy here and I would like to venture off on my own only I have been told that if I leave the company I may lose all of my appointments that i have already completed the 2010 certifications for. Does anyone know how this process works and what if anything I can do.

Send me an e-mail with your phone number and I'll get in touch with you.

Youv'e got yourself in a bit a a squeeze. Once appointed through an FMO, that is the only agency you can write the carrier through. Many carriers do not dual contract. Once you are contracted, you will have to wait six months of no production with the carrier to be able to move.

Most likely, your only option will be to find an FMO that offers a carrier(s) that you are not contracted with and work with them until your six months have passed.

Back