New Agent Needs Advice

Hi Everyone,

I have been a licensed agent since 1988, but not actively working in the insurance field for quite awhile. I worked for State Farm for an agent for 21 years (with no other office staff) and ran the office. So I am familiar with auto and fire insurance very well. Some life and health. I would like to start slow (part time) until I know what I am doing as an actual agent for myself. I have my own home office since my husband and I own our business. I want to be independent though if its possible. I have heard you can work for companies such as Agency Service Bureau that offer you to sell for them but don't have to meet the quotas or have full responsibility of liability. I think I would like to start there....but any suggestions? Is that smart to do, or does anyone have any advise of companies I can write for? I am in California. Can anyone advise what companies I can write for that are a great option. I also heard I may be able to write Medicare Supplements. Just looking at all options that would be profitable for me. I don't mind paperwork.

Hi Everyone, I have been a licensed agent since 1988, but not actively working in the insurance field for quite awhile. I worked for State Farm for an agent for 21 years (with no other office staff) and ran the office. So I am familiar with auto and fire insurance very well. Some life and health. I would like to start slow (part time) until I know what I am doing as an actual agent for myself. I have my own home office since my husband and I own our business. I want to be independent though if its possible. I have heard you can work for companies such as Agency Service Bureau that offer you to sell for them but don't have to meet the quotas or have full responsibility of liability. I think I would like to start there....but any suggestions? Is that smart to do, or does anyone have any advise of companies I can write for? I am in California. Can anyone advise what companies I can write for that are a great option. I also heard I may be able to write Medicare Supplements. Just looking at all options that would be profitable for me. I don't mind paperwork.

You can easily contract with multiple companies to sell life, health and Medicare products as an independent. If you want to sell p&c it's more difficult getting started as an independent.

Read through the forum and get a handle on what being independent means and how it works before signing up anywhere.

I'm also in California. If you'd like please send your contact information to my email (below). Happy to speak with you. (BTW, I am not a recruiter).

Rick

I'm also in California. If you'd like please send your contact information to my email (below). Happy to speak with you. (BTW, I am not a recruiter). Rick

^^^
I would take his offer if I were you. He will tell you the good, bad, and ugly.

Also Rick is involved in some of the education/training behind Medicare which is very helpful for a Newbie.

Hi Everyone,

I have been a licensed agent since 1988, but not actively working in the insurance field for quite awhile. I worked for State Farm for an agent for 21 years (with no other office staff) and ran the office. So I am familiar with auto and fire insurance very well. Some life and health. I would like to start slow (part time) until I know what I am doing as an actual agent for myself. I have my own home office since my husband and I own our business. I want to be independent though if its possible. I have heard you can work for companies such as Agency Service Bureau that offer you to sell for them but don't have to meet the quotas or have full responsibility of liability. I think I would like to start there....but any suggestions? Is that smart to do, or does anyone have any advise of companies I can write for? I am in California. Can anyone advise what companies I can write for that are a great option. I also heard I may be able to write Medicare Supplements. Just looking at all options that would be profitable for me. I don't mind paperwork.

I second on calling Rick.

Back