New Agent trying to find an Agency that wont lie

Not making light of bad job posts - I remember those days...

But, looking on the bright side, being an agent (especially when new) involves being lied to and misled by prospects almost every day. "I'll call you back" [no they won't] "I'm definitely buying from you but just need to sign up on the 20th because it's payday" [he's not buying]

You may not have picked the right industry...

Its so hard to recruit they have to resort to bait and switch and misrepresentation to recruit they feel.

People looking for jobs have very little protections. These types of lies are prevelant for job seekers. I really think more protections need to be put in place to prevent these types of things.

Its a long way to the top if you want to Rock N Roll (sell insurance)

You have to separate the recruiting that goes on and it goes on in every industry. I think its wrong and needs to be changed. However as an agent we are under much stricter standards when dealing with our prospects and clients. I feel the same standards we are under the recruiters for these "jobs" should be under. Usually the bad apples get weeded out when we are talking about selling insurance to prospects/clients.

This is more of a business than a job. Most people who want a job would not be a good fit for this type of career. The goal should be to get some experience and then get out on your own.

My 2nd favorite AC/DC song. :yes:

You have not accepted a position so you have not fallen into anything.
If this is a career you are interested in.
You may want to start with a captive carrier.
They generally do provide a salary and benefits (cost shared).
They will get on you pretty fast about production as they are laying out money.
It may or may not be an option but worth checking out.

You are so new, you dont know anything. I have over 10 years of experience and have mostly given up on the industry after a pandemic separation and agents lying to me in the same manner. 1 offered 15-25 an hour and I negotiated a higher base with lower commissions and she asked me to start that day. I went home to change clothes and she called and withdrew the offer. She was an Allstate Agent and a real piece if work

If you are looking at ins ads like that, you are looking for a job. Ins sales is not a job, one has to have a “go getter” attitude and the tenacity, the grit, if you will, not to quit when there are more slumps than good days starting out. My interpretation is those ad postings are for people who can meet numbers set forth by management. The company may have one gold star salesperson out of all the hires for that year. He/She will become #1 and everyone will want to know “how” they did it. Most of them, in my experience, don’t like to share their strategy(ies).

Before you despair and write the whole insurance industry off, perhaps consider working in the role of a customer service rep at either an independent or captive agency. You’ll get a flavor for day to day operations, the type of clients that one deals with. Having your license gives you an added benefit and if you demonstrate the willingness to learn, you could very well be promoted from within, or depending where you live, maybe there are external roles offered by a carrier where you receive a base salary, benefits and a bonus for the direct sales you make.

Back