New England Financial (NEF)

What NEF offers in FL (

I'm trying to do the indy route and I'm using a couple of different telemarketing services, and I ain't getting rich at it just yet. I'm offering group insurance for my clients right now, even small groups, just to be looked at as a potential resource that my lead into my lucrative independent insurance or life deals. Anywho, I contacted Humana directly and Humana actually referred me to an agency because I wasn't big enough to get any support to deal with them directly. I decided that going through an agency to do my United Health Business might not be a bad idea. Doing a basic search I inadvertently found a New England Financial website. They sat down with me and here's what the position offers.

After the paid internship period (1k/month for three months while I pass my series 6 and come up with 6500 in life business) I will get 28k or 54k spread out over three years while I build my business.

What NEF offers in FL (Tampa Area)

I'm trying to do the indy route and I'm using a couple of different telemarketing services, and I ain't getting rich at it just yet. I'm offering group insurance for my clients right now, even small groups (in Florida there can be one-man groups), just to be looked at as a potential resource that may lead into my lucrative independent insurance or life deals. Anywho, I contacted Humana directly and Humana actually referred me to an agency because I wasn't big enough to get any support to deal with them directly. I decided that going through an agency to do my United Health Business might not be a bad idea. Doing a basic search I inadvertently found a New England Financial website. They sat down with me and and offered me a gig with them (once I pass a on-line personality profile). Here's what the position offers:

A ton of support. I'll be accompanied by someone on each appointment I set for at least the first 6-9 months.

After the paid internship period (1k/month for three months while I pass my series 6 and come up with 6500 in life business) I will get 28k or 54k spread out over three years while I build my business.

Ten appointments per week with the hope that I close at least a deal a week--or that's the goal. The guy there talked about contacting my friends for my initial contacts but I knocked that down immediately as a possibility and he said that their in-house marketing person could help by either offering lists or referring me to several acceptable "vendors."

If I do just okay with their submission goals I should average 60-70k the first three years and six figures in years four and five. The expenses include long distance phone calls and copying. Lastly, they offer group insurance where they pay 60% of the bill.

Is this a good deal? Three years before I can make it to a six-figure gig? Thoughts?

Re: What NEF offers in FL (Tampa Area)

If I do just okay with their submission goals I should average 60-70k the first three years and six figures in years four and five. Is this a good deal? Three years before I can make it to a six-figure gig? Thoughts?

The reality of the situation is this: 1-2% of the folks that attempt this will make these numbers, maybe less.

Without any kind of lucrative "natural" market, attaining these numbers from people gleaned from "list vendors" will be nigh well impossible.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

The reality of the situation is this: 1-2% of the folks that attempt this will make these numbers, maybe less.

Without any kind of lucrative "natural" market, attaining these numbers from people gleaned from "list vendors" will be nigh well impossible.

Not trying to be negative, just realistic.

Yep. It doesn't add up to me either. I'm still going to talk to their marketing person. Maybe they can give me advice that'll help me do my own thing.

I'm trying to do the indy route and I'm using a couple of different telemarketing services, and I ain't getting rich at it just yet. I'm offering group insurance for my clients right now, even small groups (in Florida there can be one-man groups), just to be looked at as a potential resource that may lead into my lucrative independent insurance or life deals. Anywho, I contacted Humana directly and Humana actually referred me to an agency because I wasn't big enough to get any support to deal with them directly. I decided that going through an agency to do my United Health Business might not be a bad idea. Doing a basic search I inadvertently found a New England Financial website. They sat down with me and and offered me a gig with them (once I pass a on-line personality profile). Here's what the position offers:

A ton of support. I'll be accompanied by someone on each appointment I set for at least the first 6-9 months.

Ten appointments per week with the hope that I close at least a deal a week--or that's the goal. The guy there talked about contacting my friends for my initial contacts but I knocked that down immediately as a possibility and he said that their in-house marketing person could help by either offering lists or referring me to several acceptable "vendors."

If I do just okay with their submission goals I should average 60-70k the first three years and six figures in years four and five. The expenses include long distance phone calls and copying. Lastly, they offer group insurance where they pay 60% of the bill.

Is this a good deal? Three years before I can make it to a six-figure gig? Thoughts?

This is basically the deal that I am getting. I think 60-70k is also probably not very realistic.

You should still compile a list of people you know (they call it the market match)...I know some here disagree with that. You don't have to necessarily sell to them...they can be an excellent source for referrals/recommendations. It forced me to look at everybody I knew and I have already set some good appointments because of it.

NEF is also willing to train the berjabbers out of me...which is quite nice. I have been out numerous times with several producers...and as far as I can tell, there is no back stabbing nor other nonsense going on.

How about {for me} being a broker through them, they kept telling me they wanted to get brokers, alliances, outside P&C only agents to do splits, so on? { since I did not go with the "career agent" plan?}

Back