New England Financial (NEF)

How about {for me} being a broker through them, they kept telling me they wanted to get brokers, alliances, outside P&C only agents to do splits, so on? { since I did not go with the "career agent" plan?}

Not sure about that...would be a good question for them.

You must also have someone to sponsor your series 6 & 63 tests if you don't already have them. You cannot take these tests on your own. So...make sure you ask them about that if you want to stay independent.

Also ask them about training if that is important to you. I wouldn't think you would get too much if you are not captive with them.

Three years before having a chance at six figures? And that's if I maintain a pace that many think is unrealistic (one new client a week, on average). Of course should I maintain a pace then I'll have a huge year four, five and six. But damn, three years until six figures...that seems like a long time.

Three years before having a chance at six figures? And that's if I maintain a pace that many think is unrealistic (one new client a week, on average). Of course should I maintain a pace then I'll have a huge year four, five and six. But damn, three years until six figures...that seems like a long time.

I believe a reality check is in order.

Very few folks will EVER attain a six-figure income in the business, never mind by the fourth year!

Unless you've got a very warm natural market (that's flush with money to boot), as they say on the south side of Chicago...it ain't gonna happen!

You've got to remember to attain their recruiting goals, some of these managers will tell you virtually anything.

Try this; ask them how many folks they have that have actually attained this goal within the time frame.

The real goal should be 100 lifes written in a year or two a week. If you can kick out those numbers then getting to 100 grand takes care of itself.

Basically, the amount of recruiting that goes on in insurance: kind of makes me think there's not exactly long lines of people beating down the doors to become agents. It's a great profession, just takes a while to build it up for yourself. Too many people jump in and jump out, and fail.

Someone explain "recruiting goals to me." If an agent is likely to burn out/drop out because of lack of financial success or support, why bother putting the time in having them sign a contract?

Some charge fees. Look at cash cow UGA is running. They charge each new agent $240 and my office easily put 15 new agents on per week.

$240 X 15 = $3,600. That's $3,600 per week being generated and no one's written a deal yet.

Other's put new agents on the friends and family program. In some cases you have to give your manager a list of 50 contacts and you call them together to set up appointments.

If each new agent signs up a friend of family member before they blow out that's a ton of business if you're constantly recruiting.

Back