New Equitable L&C Final Expense

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Just got notice of a new Equitable Final Expense plan that is coming May 1. Age 60 NT Rates for 5K.. F = $14.77, M = $19.75. These rates are lower than any of the current rates on FEXquotes.. Will be issued with a telephone app just like the legacy plan.

Just got notice of a new Equitable Final Expense plan that is coming May 1. Age 60 NT Rates for 5K.. F = $14.77, M = $19.75. These rates are lower than any of the current rates on FEXquotes.. Will be issued with a telephone app just like the legacy plan.

I have been receiving emails about this same thing from Heartland. Rates look great, but everything I have seen has said "proposed rates". How is their underwriting on their current product??

I have been receiving emails about this same thing from Heartland. Rates look great, but everything I have seen has said "proposed rates". How is their underwriting on their current product??

The current underwriting is pretty good. COPD accept immediate as long as they do not currently smoke. Insulin Diabetic accept immediate if they do not also have heart issues or complications of diabetes. Haven't seen details on this plan yet but would think they know what the rates will be as the plan is already approved in several states.

Equitable has grown a lot in Michigan and i have received emails about this new product as i am currently contracted with them.....i know a few IMOs who teach their agents that is the go to company for med. supps and final expense....guess we will see!

your thinking of the thread directly under this one and the company they were talking about is Pheniox

To follow-up, as of last month they are still rated "B", and outlook is now "stable". Sounds like they don't need to put their necks out there with rock bottom rates and liberal underwriting. Not that any agent will complain, but you gotta wonder if that will lead to future financial problems for them.

Nope, it was Equitable. Here is the link that was in a thread in hte Senior forum;

A.M. Best Downgrades Ratings of Equitable Life & Casualty Insurance Company

You reference the 2011 AM press release, which is OLD news. They are still a B rated company.

The press release for March 15, 2012 says: A.M. Best Revises Outlook of Issuer Credit Rating to Stable for Equitable Life & Casualty Insurance Company.

Since the release date seems to be March 15th for the past number of years it is probable that another press release will be forthcoming very soon.

AM Best report March 15, 2012

Back