New FMO - Former CIP Exec and Broker Manager

Just found this website while googling some other information. Spent about an hour reading complaints about most of the big FMOs available. Can't say it was much of a surprise as I worked with the majority of them while employed at Care Improvement Plus. My partner and I left CIP at the end of summer '07 when it was evident that they had gotten ahead of themselves and were going to curtail '08 enrollment. We decided it was time to take our knowledge and experience from working on the health plan side and use our established contacts in the medicare market to start a new FMO. In hearing and dealing with all the broker complaints about their FMOs, it was obvious that something fresh and agent friendly was needed. Fast payment, high commissions, leads if desired, back-office support, assistance with compliance issues, phone always answered, statements included with commission checks, no passing your sale to another agent after 90 days, renewals actually paid to agent, etc... We are currently working mostly with CIP, Bravo, Evercare, Today's Options, Unison, and others. Feel free to contact us if this is the type of support you're looking for or if you have any other general questions, as we have been on both ends of the business.

I am new to this area of insurance and I am looking for a good FMO. I have had my own negative experiences. My goal is to help seniors. If I find an FMO with that common interest then it is a fit. I am in TX - what companies do you contract with and are you looking for a few good agents?

O.K. Help me out! One is an Advisor and the other is an Adviser. One's an FMO and the other is an Agent. One has had 1 post and the other has 4 posts. Where is S.I.A. when you need him!

Who's on first?

FMO's are like a cars, there are a lot of them out there...most will get you from point A to point B...some will make the ride easy, others will not.

I have went through several before finding one that I liked. My best advice about FMO's and IMO's - Try and go local. Much easier to deal with face to face then over the phone and email. If you cannot, then read take a day and read the forum to get all the info you will need.

Sorry, rules violation on the first post. I'll be honest with you and tell you I hadn't read the rules, feel free to delete the thread. As for the questions:
1. Among other things, we are currently doing a lot of work with Bravo Health in TX.
2. Releases are available upon request provided your new FMO is willing to accept your chargeback risk.

Sent you a email through this forum. I am new to the forum and not sure how to commuicate on it. I would like to have contact information for you. I live in the Houston TX area and need a FMO. Thanks

Sorry, rules violation on the first post. I'll be honest with you and tell you I hadn't read the rules, feel free to delete the thread. As for the questions:
1. Among other things, we are currently doing a lot of work with Bravo Health in TX.
2. Releases are available upon request provided your new FMO is willing to accept your chargeback risk.

I've edited my original post because I did not fully digest your release rules.

Perfect. Puts you in my "good FMO" file. Obviously your only condition is that from chargebacks - completely reasonable.

Rick

Last edited:
Back