New, need leads advice

geeves08

I'm new to the forum. I've been selling insurance for the last 6 months, but have not had any success in it yet. I'm independent, and just can't seem to get my business going. What is the single best way to get started in this business fast? I've been working in this business for 6 months and haven't written a deal yet.

I've bought leads from netquotes, and tried cold calling but I cant stand it. So far, no success.

Any suggestions on how I can make a living at this? I need help.

Wow! six months and not a single app huh? Who all are you contracted with? You might need to hang up the Indy title for a few months get some trainning for a captive shop, or if you know of any agencies in your area maybe they would take you on and give you some old accounts to call on.

We need more details. Just stating that you're received Netquote leads for six months doesn't tell us anything.

A: What state are you in?
B: Which carriers are you writing?
C: How many leads have you received?

I'm new to the forum. I've been selling insurance for the last 6 months, but have not had any success in it yet. I'm independent, and just can't seem to get my business going. What is the single best way to get started in this business fast? I've been working in this business for 6 months and haven't written a deal yet.

I've bought leads from netquotes, and tried cold calling but I cant stand it. So far, no success.

Any suggestions on how I can make a living at this? I need help.

Do you know how to sell? That's rhetorical because it's obviously a no answer, but most likely not your fault.

Do you have a sales presentation? Meaning a defined order of events that leads to a predetermined conclusion?

Do you know how to overcome stalls/objections?

Do you know how to close, several times?

Do you have your product knowledge down?

These factors can make or break your success.

I'm a health insurance sales trainer, if you don't want to go with an agency (who by the way, usually has little to no real training) then contact me, invest in training and you can call back your 6 months worth of leads and get sales, even now.

He's been selling insurance and hasn't sold one policy? Ya'll believe that story. I think he's a better salesman than the credit you give, you'd have to be in a coma if you tried to sell just about any type of policy for six months and didn't succeed in selling one. He is obviously not in a coma.

He's been selling insurance and hasn't sold one policy? Ya'll believe that story. I think he's a better salesman than the credit you give, you'd have to be in a coma if you tried to sell just about any type of policy for six months and didn't succeed in selling one. He is obviously not in a coma.

You should see some of the agents I've consulted with for training.

:swoon:

It's sounds like a prospecting problem, not a sales process problem. If you were processing enough people, you would at least fall into some sales. When you say you tried cold calling, what do you mean? Who did you call? How often and for how long? What happened?

Okay, you've sort of convinced me, but my first thought, as a confirmed cynic is that he is pulling your legs. I figured he just wanted free advice from Mr.IHIAA or something like that...Mr.IHIAA(don't know him personally).

Hey John! Introduce yourself and by the way, he will give you free advice.

Back