New Permanent Residents

margostl

Super Genius
I have a couple that have a new immigration permanent residency status, is there a waiting period for them to buy into Medicare A/B they have never worked in the U.S looking to get coverage.

I have had couples that came here from chain migration. The kids worked in US then became US Citizens, then sponsored the parents. The parents would become citizens after the waiting 5 year period apply for Medicaid. Medicaid would then pick up the cost of Medicare A&B. I think it is unfortunate that we have a lot of seniors who struggle & we are so generous with others. A lot of the people who I ran into were from India, the kids were professional people like doctors or in the IT field. They worked the system but I still think it was unfair.

I have had couples that came here from chain migration. The kids worked in US then became US Citizens, then sponsored the parents. The parents would become citizens after the waiting 5 year period apply for Medicaid. Medicaid would then pick up the cost of Medicare A&B. I think it is unfortunate that we have a lot of seniors who struggle & we are so generous with others. A lot of the people who I ran into were from India, the kids were professional people like doctors or in the IT field. They worked the system but I still think it was unfair.

I know those cases, oh the stories I could tell.This has been going on in Georgia for years at least as long as I've been here.

Back