New sets of LTCI data reveal continued resistance to perceived expense

Riddle me this, Scott. If the profit margins of hybrids are “HUGE” then why did Lincoln and Pacific Life and OneAmerica all see the need to re-price their products higher in the past year? If the profit margins are HUGE then why doesn’t another underwriter file for a product 25% less expensive than Lincoln, Minnesota, Pacific, Nationwide, and OneAmerica and just capture the entire market share of a fast growing space?

Don't pretend to be dumb, Jack. Why would an industry that is experiencing 20+% growth every year lower their prices? As long as sales continue to grow by double-digits every year they'll keep "re-pricing" their policies.

NEVER* Combine Long-Term Care Insurance with Life Insurance (Part 1) - LTCShop.com

No-Life-LTCi.jpg

Oh, Jack. I thought you were classier than that.
LTC Partnerships are the future of LTC planning, not hybrids.

Partnership policies are just a joint marketing program between private insurance companies and the State Medicaid offices. There was a study done by CT that showed out of 50000 Partnership policies only 39 people received Medicaid benefits. People that purchase LTCi are high net worth to start with. $2 Million ++ in assets. These buyers are not interested in Medicaid planning. They are buying policies to be responsible to their families; to remain independent and to receive care at home or within private pay assisted living. Not sure why you feel State Partnership benefits within LTCI policies are a motivating factor to purchase coverage. Consumers are buying the insurance to avoid Medicaid not to ultimately apply for Medicaid. You have this all backwards, Scott.

Partnership policies are just a joint marketing program between private insurance companies and the State Medicaid offices. There was a study done by CT that showed out of 50000 Partnership policies only 39 people received Medicaid benefits. People that purchase LTCi are high net worth to start with. $2 Million ++ in assets. These buyers are not interested in Medicaid planning. They are buying policies to be responsible to their families; to remain independent and to receive care at home or within private pay assisted living. Not sure why you feel State Partnership benefits within LTCI policies are a motivating factor to purchase coverage. Consumers are buying the insurance to avoid Medicaid not to ultimately apply for Medicaid. You have this all backwards, Scott.

I wasn't talking about people who have a 7-figure net worth.

I was talking about people with a net worth below 7 figures.

LTC Partnership policies are perfect for them.

And people with the 7-figure net worth are better off with traditional LTCi than hybrids.

Last edited:
Back