New to Individual Health Insurance and need info on Phoenix market

If you are looking at HSA's then GR rules the roost, no one can touch them on rates and benefits.

Good info. What specific benefits about their HSA's in your area make them the best compared to the other companies?

1. When taking them over the phone for BCBS I bring up an app on my screen and ask the client to log into BCBS system through the link that I send them. Then I follow along with them. I read the questions out loud as they read them on thier screen then I can answer questions and do the usual explaining. They answer everything themselves but with my assistance.
2. I do not sell Lifewise. The rate guarantee scares me and there is not enough renewal history for them in AZ for me to advice my clients. Also the rates are not any better than Health Net. Black gould will also quote a carrier called America Community. Avoid them. They pay great commissions but the plans are restrictive with alot of limitations. They make the Assurant Right Start plan look good.

Golden Rule/ United Health Care is the best HSA mostly because of thier great preventitive care, the only comparable plan is the One Deductible plan with Assurant which is alot more expensive. Also GR/UHC has a large network and great negotiated fees that are alot lower than Assurant. When you are looking at the HSA you have to take into account the negotiated fees. An example: BCBSAZ average PCP visit $110, Assurant $80-90, GR/ UHC $75-$80 ( I received this information from my carrier reps based on my zip code). So if you go with BCBS or Assurant you will pay more in monthly premium and more when you go the doctor. But if you go with Golden Rule you pay a lower monthly premium and pay less when you go to the doctor.

Thanks again Steph.

I was wondering about the American Community Plans. Their rates were very competitive for one of my clients, but something told me not to pursue that avenue. Didn't know enough about them.

So you quote the Preventative Care rider with all GR's HSA 100 plans?

My first quote always has the preventative care. If the client doesn't want it then i remove it.

Steph,
Are you finding that GR is limiting riders if a higher deductible is chosen? They are doing that in CT.

Also, how are GR's rate increases there? In CT they're about 13% which is better than I've heard in some states where I've heard as high as 25% renewal increases.

Back