New to P&C Cold Calls

I have had no luck with the script I am using and I'm starting to wonder if that is some of my problem. Here is the script that I have if anyone can offer something better or a way to tweak it I would appreciate the advice.

Hi this is [name] with [company name]. How are you doing today? I was giving you a call because [company name] just rolled out a new program that has been saving our clients 20-40% on their insurance. Have you got a few minutes and we can run a requite and see if you qualify for this new program.

Again any advice on this script is appreciated.

I never say "How are you doing" it screams I am a sales person and opens the dialogue for replies of "I am busy right now", etc. Consumes know we don't really care how they are doing.

I never say "How are you doing" it screams I am a sales person and opens the dialogue for replies of "I am busy right now", etc. Consumes know we don't really care how they are doing.

Well... you are a sales person and they are going to find out very quickly you are anyway. I mainly agree though, it's not a necessary question to ask.

I have had no luck with the script I am using and I'm starting to wonder if that is some of my problem. Here is the script that I have if anyone can offer something better or a way to tweak it I would appreciate the advice.

Hi this is [name] with [company name]. How are you doing today? I was giving you a call because [company name] just rolled out a new program that has been saving our clients 20-40% on their insurance. Have you got a few minutes and we can run a requite and see if you qualify for this new program.

Again any advice on this script is appreciated.

Hello is this bob? Hi bob this is bill at top insurance right near Home Depot in town. He have top rates on auto insurance and want you as our customer. So how can we make that happen?

Then shut up

It sucks.

Read High Probability Selling or go check out the website.

And you're going to need to make a lot more than 4 calls.

Looks like high probability selling is closed for business. Says Jacques retired

Looks like high probability selling is closed for business. Says Jacques retired

Not surprised.

He was pretty old. I feel like he was a forum member at one point.

High Probability Selling is just one strategy to cold calling that I think is great for beginners and times you need money NOW. If I were to ever hire a telemarketer I would have them do HPS to a tee. It's easy and it lowers the rejection that one can feel when cold calling.

it looks like the HPS book is still for sale only on Amazon. Has anybody here read it?

You can read the first 4 chapters for free on the HPS website.

I never made calls for personal auto insurance but instead my focus was on commercial lines.

In the beginning I made cold calls for 8hrs a day for almost 4-6 months (sounds fun right!). Anyway the process that we used was to take the first call to get an X-Date and the decision maker name. I would average about 20-30 x-dates per day w/ decision maker names and then throw them all into a software to be followed up on.

It was a painstaking process but it honestly worked. That was years ago, but if you are willing to grind it out and follow up the results are there at least for commercial. You can definitely knock down the doors on some pretty nice accounts. On the personal side I'm not sure how well cold calling works because I have never done it but I have to imagine it's a much tougher sale over the phone.

I never made calls for personal auto insurance but instead my focus was on commercial lines.

In the beginning I made cold calls for 8hrs a day for almost 4-6 months (sounds fun right!). Anyway the process that we used was to take the first call to get an X-Date and the decision maker name. I would average about 20-30 x-dates per day w/ decision maker names and then throw them all into a software to be followed up on.

It was a painstaking process but it honestly worked. That was years ago, but if you are willing to grind it out and follow up the results are there at least for commercial. You can definitely knock down the doors on some pretty nice accounts. On the personal side I'm not sure how well cold calling works because I have never done it but I have to imagine it's a much tougher sale over the phone.

What did the first call to the actual DM consist of? Since that is again another cold call pretty much.

Not a bad script. After enough calls you will get comfortable changing some words and adding new ones. The shorter the script the better. Remember, these people aren't expecting your call so get straight to the point. You could even send a postcard ahead of time to warm up your call. You should make it a minimum goal of 100-200 dials per day.

Back