Newbie Comission Advice

Allisonray78

Newbie Commission Advice...

I have an offer from Allstate. I am Life and Health licensed w/ not much experience & was offered a support position hourly pay plus be paid additional commissions for the following products:

Cancer Policies: 55% of the Annual prem
Accident Policies: 40% of the AP
Disability Income: 35% of the AP
Supplemental Health: 30% of the AP
Long Term Care: 16% of the AP

Do you feel like this is fair?

Last edited:
Well, this is in addition to salary, so definitely means a lower commission is still fair. Ultimately it depends on what the salary is and what the expectations are.

Are you going to get your P&C license? That is where the money is at an Allstate office.

I have an offer from Allstate. I am Life and Health licensed w/ not much experience & was offered a support position hourly pay plus be paid additional commissions for the following products: Cancer Policies: 55% of the Annual prem Accident Policies: 40% of the AP Disability Income: 35% of the AP Supplemental Health: 30% of the AP Long Term Care: 16% of the AP Do you feel like this is fair?

If that is what you are getting paid as a captive agent it's very good. The only down side to this is the book of business you build is not yours and if you leave it stays with the company. We pay our agents about the same and they own their book, however there is not a base

Back