Newbie Questions

I just finished my required course. I am planning on taking the licensing test next month for California.

I want to be an independent agent for Life Insurance and Long Term Care Insurance.

I already have few clients lined up.

I do not want to work for one company or on be anybody's salary. I just want to sell the best policy there is and earn my commission. I do not want to work for broker.

Can I be a broker from the get go?

I am aware that I should have researched all this before even I took the course but I can't go back now.

Thank you for your help and patience.

Shekhar
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also,

Which companies allow independent Agents to see their life insurance and long term care products? How do I contact them?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
You, as an independent licensed agent, can sign up with whatever independent channels you like. On your first day with a license you can sign up with West Coast Life, North American, Foresters, etc. if you want.

The "Quick Start" guide video in my signature can help you learn how to contract with multiple carriers, among other things.

Wish you good luck on your test and subsequent assignments. Glad to learn that you have already acquired few clients to begin with.

Back