Newly licensed 220 in florida

Jon b

I'm newly licensed 220 in Florida and am at a loss as to which steps to take next. My history is in real estate but i'm seeing all different avenues for my first step in the insurance business and can't quite grasp what to do next. Any advice is appreciated

I'm a bit biased, but you need to determine your chosen focus and then seek out contracts or agencies. I recorded this video a couple of years ago to help new agents answer the question, "I'm licensed, now what?"

Focus on specific area that you like or at least can tolerate for a prolong period of time, then find a Independent brokerage working in that area that can teach you how to replicate exactly what they do to be successful. Like RE, insurance has a ramp up period before you starting seeing a lot of money coming in.

Go to you tube and look up Dr Billy William's.
Watch all his videos. Then determine if you want to do personal lines or commercial. Check out The National Alliance of Insurance training. I sent my producer there and they had a two week training program. Excellent money spent. Where are you located?

I'm newly licensed 220 in Florida and am at a loss as to which steps to take next. My history is in real estate but i'm seeing all different avenues for my first step in the insurance business and can't quite grasp what to do next. Any advice is appreciated
Congrats and I wish you the best of luck as a new agent!

Go to you tube and look up Dr Billy William's.
Watch all his videos. Then determine if you want to do personal lines or commercial. Check out The National Alliance of Insurance training. I sent my producer there and they had a two week training program. Excellent money spent. Where are you located?
in the clearwater area

Jon I am in Ft. Myers. Starting off the first year a realistic income will be between $25k to $40k for a newly app. agent. You could get an in office job at Brightway and write Ho3 and Auto and in a couple of years start your own. For commercial Google insurance producer schools. There is Hartford. Chubb, and Travlers. Will cost you $2500+. But then you will be years ahead of other agents and ready to make money.

This may or may not work for you. However, call center work allows you to make a steady income well learning the products and building up your confidence.

It will also allow you to get an idea of what you like and want to specialize in.

If your not financially prepared to be an agent, it's going to be a long and hard two years before you really start to make any money. The call centers ARE NOT for everybody but it does allow you to save up and learn at the same time.

You're new to the field or were already a 4-40?

Try checking out Geico or check out some independent agency around you.

Back