Newspaper ad for Annuities

Winter, I see your point. The operative word is up to 24%. Are they really going to see 24% returns? Probably not, but they have a chance to. I have quite a few clients that have been seeing returns of 8, 10, 12% over the past few years. It's not setting the world on fire, but their gains are locked in, and they are happy with those returns.

I'll have to contact my DOI for aproved wording.

Healthagent, there are plenty of EIA's on the market that will offer up to 24% a year or more on your money with zero market risk.

Last edited:
Do YOU enjoy that kind of deceptive marketing? I personally hate it when I answer an ad only to find "oh....well.....here's the real story"

If you can't, in your heart, offer "up to 24%" then don't advertise it. I would never advertise "Health Insurance rates as low as $49 a month!" when I know it's Right Start or Copay Saver.

I'm not saying that I have used that wording or even that I would use that wording. I simply want to know what wording I can use along those lines in a print ad.

There isn't anything deceptive about up to 24%. You really can earn up to 24%. This isn't something I made up. These products exist, and I have a lot of happy clients that are in them.

But are they earning 24%? Just post an ad that you can put your heart into and know that when someone answers it you don't have to get clever. I think 12% is a great rate of return so if you have clients realizing 12% then just post "up to 12%."

Have my clients earned 24 percent? No, but they have the opportunity to. They have the opportunity to earn up to 2% per month for 12 months. Again, I'm not making up these numbers. The product is what it is. I will always tell them their chances of hitting the 24% mark are not great, but it is a possibility. I also always tell them they are not going to hit a "grand slam" They'll have some singles, doubles and a few tripples, but they won't strike out either.

As I stated before, just watch running an ad when people reply and you come across and sounding clever. At the same time even I'll state that it needs to be enticing - all ads do or don't even bother.

My flyer states "YOU COULD SAVE 30% TO 65%." When someone responds I tell them if they can't save at least 35% I won't recommend that they change policies. I have people answer my ad and tell me what they're paying and I can't save them anything. Well, at least they know they have a great rate. No harm no foul.

I have a question about your flyer. I see signs in the ground or flyers, or faxes saying "save 30 - 65% on health insurance" In your experience, how many people will save 65% on their health insurance? How many out of 20 calls you receive from that flyer?

Just curious.

Well, I don't put signs in the ground - I only target business owners. I save probably 50% of my clients 50% or more. I have owners paying $700 to $1,000 a month and get them to $300 to $500 a month. Obviously a HSA can save people 50% or more off their current copay plan. Most of the owners I deal with have had their plans for years and just sucked up the increases. They started at $450 a month 10 years ago but are now at $980. That's my target market. I've had many cases of owners paying over from $1,200 a month to $1,800 a month and I've taken them down to $500. They just don't know any better, have a lot of money and it just doesn't concern them. Most of my clients wouldn't be caught dead plugging in their name, address and phone number into a random website. They're smarter than that and know they'll get flogged with calls.

And most of your fax blasts or ads that tout that kind of savings are discount plans. I don't sell discount plans.

I pitch the flyer B to B, generate about 4 leads per hour while at the business and an additional 2 from my website or phone number from flyers placed. I close 1 out of 5 B to B leads.

How about:

Offers the potential for attractive returns with no risk to your principle (provided you do not withdrawl more than allowed during your accumulation period.)

Tax deferred accumulation (under current tax laws)

An option to take an income stream that you can not outlive.

Let's keep it real.

How about:

An option to take an income stream that you can not outlive.

Let's keep it real.

I imagine this is the number one key point about Annuities that make them so powerful and they have been around in one form or another since the days of Babylon. Now taking this into account we know seniors will be buying Annuities from someone, so the real key here is why should they buy them from you? So in conclusion maybe the real secret in any good ad is a reason why they should buy from you, keep in mind that anyone can sell any annuity so keep it simple and something to draw them to you. What could that be? I'm thinking maybe something in the line of service?

Back