Newspaper ad for Annuities

The creative juices are starting to flow. These are the responses I was going after from the start.

I should have been more direct.

My fault.

No different than:

50% off everything this weekend at Sears!!!

does not apply to kitchenware, appliances, jewelry, linens, china, apparel, shoes, towels, electronics, rugs, furniture, pants, shirts, dresses, etc...

No different from this either;

Lease a Mercedes Benz for $199 per month.
$15,000 due at signing. Includes first month payment. Mercedes is a 1994 model with 120,000 miles (all city). See dealer for details. Promotion ends yesterday.

True. We all talk about ethics but don't banks run ads for mortgage rates that only a fraction quality for? I worked at a dealership when we had 0% financing. What it real? Sure, but hardly anyone qualified. That's not the point. That point is they offered zero percent and it was available.

"We'll pay off your trade no matter how much you owe" is also true. They just roll the negative balance into the new loan so now you're paying $600 a month for that Cavalier.

Listen, you need to generate business - just don't lie or bait and switch. You can run some dry "ethically fantastic" ad - then go look for a part-time job.

If you find it... let me know!

This year I will write between $5,000,000-6,000,000 in FIA business and I check in on this board. :biggrin: I do not run ads, however I do run seminars. I would be careful running an ad talking about the potential for 24% returns. Buyers of an FIA should be more interested in the return of their money than the return on their money. I tell my clients to expect 6-9%, some years will be greater, some years will be lower, but never below 0%. If you sell FIA's on the expectation of high returns upgrade your E&O coverage because you will need it!!

Matt

For several years, part of my job for a major annuity carrier was to review all marketing & sales material. If the emphasis (51%+) of the material was the investment return, our legal department demanded it be rewritten so that it emphasized insurance (e.g., lifetime annuity payout value). Focusing on investment returns in non-variable annuities pushes the annuity outside the SEC's safe harbor rule, risking registration requirements as a security.

This year I will write between $5,000,000-6,000,000 in FIA business and I check in on this board. :biggrin: I do not run ads, however I do run seminars. I would be careful running an ad talking about the potential for 24% returns. Buyers of an FIA should be more interested in the return of their money than the return on their money. I tell my clients to expect 6-9%, some years will be greater, some years will be lower, but never below 0%. If you sell FIA's on the expectation of high returns upgrade your E&O coverage because you will need it!!

Matt

Matt what are some of your preferred carriers?

Winter

Back