Newspaper ads for life insurance. Effective?

too much! :)

there's a guy in Miami (David Grey) who advertises in the papers all the time with grid rates for term life. He takes out an entire page ad in the Miami Herald quite often. I'm sure he's successful since he keeps doing it. Or perhaps he's just an egotist since his picture appears in there too!

if you're interested I'll copy down his verbage next time I see an ad.

Myself and four other guys used to have full page ads in "The Columbus Dispatch." Sounds like the same thing. Grid term rates at 5-year intervals.

We used to make a mint. Haven't run that ad in about seven years. We were getting 50% reimbursement, but not any more. I think it still would work, but the rate of return might be 2-1 instead of 9-1. Still not bad.

Well, then, speaking of newspaper ads, does anyone do "display" ad in a newspaper (you know, business card size, advertising more the agency than a product) and how effective is that? I've heard zero.

there's a guy in Miami (David Grey) who advertises in the papers all the time with grid rates for term life. He takes out an entire page ad in the Miami Herald quite often. I'm sure he's successful since he keeps doing it. Or perhaps he's just an egotist since his picture appears in there too!

Well...have you seen the ad again??

Repetition is the key.

I would think a 2-column by 4 inch ad run five times would be better than a full page ad run once.

Small display ads (like business card size) are a waste of time.

The happy medium repeated over a period of time works best. If any local papers have gone to color recently, that works really well until people get totally used to the novelty.

A local bank has about a 4x5 color ad for 4% 5-year CDs. It has been running daily for 2 weeks and I have to say that about the fifth time I saw it is when I really stopped to read the details. If I wanted a CD, that would have been the point I would have called.

Pizza box ads. Hmmmmm

Momma Cass died of a heart attack while eating a sandwich. Could just as easily have been a pizza.

Photo shop a picture of Momma Cass eating a pizza, then grabbing her chest. Below that put this caption.

Need life insurance? Call 404-555-5555 for a QUICK quote.

I advertised a non-insurance related business with aggressive offers on pizza boxes and got no, zero, nada response. I would not use it again!

Warning!

If you don't have enough Life Insurance your Wife and Kids
will be sleeping in the streets if you DIE today! They will eat out of Dumpsters!
Your daughter will have to become a Prostitute because your wife is to ugly!

Call me today!
Rates starting at only $35 dollars a month for $500,000 for a 35 year old male
Super Prefered
Non smoker

Hmmm, I don't see any copyright.

:noteworthy::noteworthy::noteworthy::noteworthy::noteworthy::noteworthy::noteworthy::noteworthy::laugh:

He runs a full page ad every Monday in the Ft Lauderdale paper also. They must cost a lot.

:cool:

Back