Nice to meet you.

I have a call in 15 minutes actually with a representative from Mutual of Omaha and then I'm supposed to be having a call as well with someone from MassMutual and I'm going to follow up with a representative from Northwestern Mutual

Northwestern Mutual is the "most captive" of these two because they don't allow you to leave and still be a broker of record on the policies you've sold.

With Mutual of Omaha and MassMutual - your success will be based on the training of THAT individual office. Listen between the lines here for MassMutual: They're saying that the GA can run it the way THEY see it.

I was with Mutual of Omaha for a couple of months. My district manager was a real piece of work, but the company and structure of everything was okay. They didn't have an IUL policy at the time, and while I've heard it's not "great", I'm sure it's good enough.

https://insurance-forums.com/commun...mutual-of-omaha-career-agent-resources.41669/

What do you mean spit in the wind?

Don't do it... it comes back... but do offer cancer insurance... they stay on the books and pay great renewals.

Clear your decks... (get some time to stay focused) and spend some time investigating some of your questions on this forum... I always tell people bring a shovel... (you have to dig through a bunch of "stuff" sometimes)... but if you are an astute learner you can piece together a first rate education on what you are looking for... don't worry... I don't think you know what your looking for yet... so dig in and learn. :yes:

Don't do it... it comes back... but do offer cancer insurance... they stay on the books and pay great renewals.

Clear your decks... (get some time to stay focused) and spend some time investigating some of your questions on this forum... I always tell people bring a shovel... (you have to dig through a bunch of "stuff" sometimes)... but if you are an astute learner you can piece together a first rate education on what you are looking for... don't worry... I don't think you know what your looking for yet... so dig in and learn. :yes:
That's the plan this forum has so much information available and I plan to use as much of it as is effective for me

Northwestern Mutual is the "most captive" of these two because they don't allow you to leave and still be a broker of record on the policies you've sold.

With Mutual of Omaha and MassMutual - your success will be based on the training of THAT individual office. Listen between the lines here for MassMutual: They're saying that the GA can run it the way THEY see it.

I was with Mutual of Omaha for a couple of months. My district manager was a real piece of work, but the company and structure of everything was okay. They didn't have an IUL policy at the time, and while I've heard it's not "great", I'm sure it's good enough.

https://insurance-forums.com/commun...mutual-of-omaha-career-agent-resources.41669/

I haven't gotten contact with Northwestern Mutual yet but I spoke with Mutual of Omaha and it may not end up working due to their rigid training requirements apparently if you don't follow their requirements to a tea that you may lose their contract before you even really get started as well I spoke with a MassMutual office and apparently they don't use all corporate resources or something that it Factor there more independent their Partners rather than actual agents I'm not exactly sure the arrangement all I do know is that they don't offer the training compensation that reduces so that's been interesting but I'm speaking with them a little further and trying to see about their training so far my interactions with them have seemed positive and so far the colonial life representative that have been working with seemed really really positive so I'm not sure where I'm going but so far I've had positive experiences

I'm not sure where I'm going but so far I've had positive experiences

Reminded me of this joke. Too bad it can be all too real.

A skilled nurse died and arrived before St. Peter, who explained, "We have this little policy of allowing you to choose whether you want to spend eternity in heaven or in hell."

"How do I know which to choose?" She asked.

"That's easy," said St. Peter. "you have to spend a day in each place before making a decision."

With that, he put the nurse on an elevator and sent her down to hell. The elevator doors opened and the nurse found herself in a sunny garden, where many former friends and colleagues warmly greeted her. She had a great time all day laughing and talking about old times. That night, she had an excellent supper in a fantastic restaurant. She even met the devil, who turned out to be a pretty nice guy.

Before she knew it, her day in hell was over and she returned to heaven. The day in heaven was okay. She lounged around on clouds, sang, and played the harp. At the end of the day, St. Peter came and asked for her decision.

"Well, heaven was great and all," the nurse said, "but I had a better time in hell. I know it sounds strange, but I choose hell."

With that, she got in the elevator and went back down. When the doors opened, she saw a desolate wasteland covered in garbage and filth. Her friends, dressed in rags, were picking up garbage and putting it in sacks.

When the devil walked over, she said to him, "I don't understand. Yesterday, this place was beautiful. We had a delicious meal and a wonderful time laughing and talking."

The devil smiled and said, "Yesterday we were recruiting you. Today you're staff."

Back