No Prior

Around here dairyland will take them as will titan, kemper specialty. I use Dairyland if I cannot get on EFT. Do push hard for that. We don't have the same regionals but at least with dairyland around here you can get it placed and get them on 3 month paid in full a lot of the time and limit your charge back exposure. Plus less babysitting for a group that needs a lot of that.

Pennsylvania has changed a lot in the non-standard market. Now I just put 'em all through Progressive and tell them if they keep the policy for a year I will consider moving them. It's like fast food insurance - in & out in less than 10 minutes

Yeah but Progressive is also screwing around w/ people wanting W2's and finding random people who may live there & adding them to the policy etc. GMAC is better for us.

They are - it is very frustrating - but still not a fan of National General and told a couple prospects sorry. I hate it but only have so much time to write such accounts.

What is the best auto company for no prior?

When quoting non-standard, which is rare for me, I usually quote high(er) limits and charge a policy fee. I've got to get a little $$$ out of the time I'm wasting. They don't usually stay for long.

I use the big guys, Flo, GMAC (NatGen), etc. Look into Universal. I heard they're decent.

I try to use progressive to add the roadside assistance for all those old clunkers and by here pay here cars. Also cross my fingers they don't start with all the paystubs, bank stmt, cable, electric bills and proof of this that and everything else.

I try to use progressive to add the roadside assistance for all those old clunkers and by here pay here cars. Also cross my fingers they don't start with all the paystubs, bank stmt, cable, electric bills and proof of this that and everything else.

that crap is terrible. To avoid it as much as possible, I typically list them as living at their address for less than 1 year, even if they've been there for 20. I even disregard reports and change length back if I have to. Only way I put longer than 1 year is if they have a bill IN HAND, or if I'm writing their HO. They don't get quite as good of a price, but it's normally worth it to avoid the hassle - that's pretty much the only time Progressive asks for that stuff, unless their prior address is from out of state.

I agree on the roadside assistance, it's normally pretty cheap so I try to throw it on everything I do with Progressive. Plus they'll write collision on ANYTHING (even salvage title).

I agree on the roadside assistance, it's normally pretty cheap so I try to throw it on everything I do with Progressive. Plus they'll write collision on ANYTHING (even salvage title).[/QUOTE]
Wow! I didn't know the salvage title thing (just have not ever tried it). Out of the whole thread a nugget of wisdom gleans!

I agree on the roadside assistance, it's normally pretty cheap so I try to throw it on everything I do with Progressive. Plus they'll write collision on ANYTHING (even salvage title).
Wow! I didn't know the salvage title thing (just have not ever tried it). Out of the whole thread a nugget of wisdom gleans![/QUOTE]

Yeah i even called them to verify. Nice to have the option.

Wow! I didn't know the salvage title thing (just have not ever tried it). Out of the whole thread a nugget of wisdom gleans![/QUOTE]

Just realize that the premium charged is pretty much normal collision premium and the payout is based on a salvage title. On some cars its still worth it, but make sure the client understands what they are insured for.

Dan

Back