No Wonder Our Seniors Are Confused . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually - it's $183 now . . . If you don't use any Part B services in those 365 days - then G is better.

Plan G is better in most states whether they use any Part B services or not. The difference in premium here in Georgia is usually closer to the $300-$400 range. And for some reason you still can't comprehend that.

You really do give agents a bad name.

Have them go back to original Medicare and carry a supplement.

I was speaking about MA's in this conversation because some people a) can't afford a med sup or b) can't qualify for a med sup due to health . . .

So - in the MA world - what can you use to minimize the clients exposure besides an Indemnity plan for $40 a month?

Since cancer treatment normally is spread out over several months, the time of year that is diagnosed can make a huge difference as to the expense you might insure if you have an MA plan that has deductibles and Co insurance amounts. Mine was diagnosed in April and I finished treatment in October. If I had an MA with a 5K annual OoP. I would have to pay the $5K. But what I had been diagnosed in November? Then I would have to pay $10K because I would have to meet the OoP for the year it was diagnosed and for the following year.

This is exactly why an Indemnity Plan with a $10k lump sum rider for an extra $5 a month makes sense . . . It can be used to offset the OOP for the client . . .

If I'm wrong about the above comments - please show me how and where?

----------

Plan G is better in most states whether they use any Part B services or not. The difference in premium here in Georgia is usually closer to the $300-$400 range. And for some reason you still can't comprehend that.

Depends on the age with the comparisons I've done recently. Quoted today - 65 y/o non smoke female and the difference in G and F in Georgia was only $23 a month - add in the $183 and they would have only saved $93 a year . . . She is taking the F . . .

----------

Get tired of all the back and forth between whether MA is the best or Med Sup. Show the client both and let them decide.

Exactly what I am doing . . . Show them both - lead with the Med Sup ( yes even a G and a F )

However - I'd estimate that 70% of FE lead customers don't cross sell that well in to a Med Sup but do in to a MA / MAPD . . .

I started doing something very creative with FE leads to cross sell the recipient in to Med Sup or MA / MAPD plan . . . I don't care which one they enroll in - just take one . . .

I was speaking about MA's in this conversation because some people a) can't afford a med sup or b) can't qualify for a med sup due to health . . .

So - in the MA world - what can you use to minimize the clients exposure besides an Indemnity plan for $40 a month?

This is exactly why an Indemnity Plan with a $10k lump sum rider for an extra $5 a month makes sense . . . It can be used to offset the OOP for the client . . .

----------

Depends on the age with the comparisons I've done recently. Quoted today - 65 y/o non smoke female and the difference in G and F in Georgia was only $23 a month - add in the $183 and they would have only saved $93 a year . . . She is taking the F . . .

----------

Exactly what I am doing . . . Show them both - lead with the Med Sup ( yes even a G and a F )

However - I'd estimate that 70% of FE lead customers don't cross sell that well in to a Med Sup but do in to a MA / MAPD . . .

I started doing something very creative with FE leads to cross sell the recipient in to Med Sup or MA / MAPD plan . . . I don't care which one they enroll in - just take one . . .

Again, I'm not saying a HIP/cancer is a bad plan. As long as they know the limitations of the plan. You are selling them with lies and it will catch up to you one day.
Explain how the mapd plus hip work together, correctly and you'll be ok.

$10k cancer rider for $5?? There you go again. I don't mind the exaggeration there but I bet you tell your clients, hey it's only $5 more.

Again, I'm not saying a HIP/cancer is a bad plan. As long as they know the limitations of the plan. You are selling them with lies and it will catch up to you one day.
Explain how the mapd plus hip work together, correctly and you'll be ok.

$10k cancer rider for $5?? There you go again. I don't mind the exaggeration there but I bet you tell your clients, hey it's only $5 more.

How am I selling them with lies?

Depending on age and the level of the Package - it is possible to add $10k for $5 more with GTL - not sure about Heartland - not contracted yet.

Less than $40 / $60 a month can get most people the basic Ambulance, Hospital and $10k Cancer package.

Depending on age and the level of the Package - it is possible to add $10k for $5 more with GTL - not sure about Heartland - not contracted yet.

Less than $40 / $60 a month can get most people the basic Ambulance, Hospital and $10k Cancer package.

You Know I haven't quoted a GTL plan in a while, I remember when an FMO pitched it to me to sell, I was excited at the time, but after quoting many people, I found the average premium for a plan that fit the Hosp copays was around $60 plus and thats without adding a cancer plan, I def dont remember the cancer was just $5 extra, I remember it making abig enough dif in premium to make the plan not affordable for the situation.

Now I find it rare the the plan makes too much sense, most times when someone is concerned about those out of pocket they find more value in paying $100 for plan N if a low premium is needed

I mean half the times those MA plans have a $20 or better premium, and if they are the $0 premium type then ussually they don't want to pay the $60 for a GTL anyway

A GTL plan Made the most sense in states like FL, Where the $0 premiums are king & the Supplements are more expensive. but the don't allow them there anymore and I don't buy leads there anymore either

I showed you where you are wrong in the part of my post immediately following the part you chose to quote. You conveniently ended the quote where you thought it would bolster your position and ignore the rest.

If they can qualify for the "wrap" plan they can more than likely qualify for the med supp as far as health goes.

$5.00 for 10K? Not at medicare ages..For $40 per month they are going to get very much coverage to pick up where their MA leaves off. And the 10K at age 65 is $27.72 per month.. So now you are up to $67.00 per month. More at older ages. They would be better off with a high deductible F at less premium than what you are proposing.

I have nothing against MA plans but to sell a client a MA and then leave them with the impression that the wrap plan is going to, in most cases, pick up what the MA does not pay borders on being criminal.

Anyone that wants to see GTLs rates can find them on this brochure:

https://www.nimbroker.com/pics/ContentPics/Advantage_Plus_Brochure_BASIC-GTLink.pdf

I'm writing high deductible Obamacare every day, usually around $6850 deductible before they get any coverage and they are paying anywhere from $800 - $1100/month for their premium if their income is above the threshold for getting tax credits. I don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal of a person maybe maxing out their MAPD once or twice in their lifetime. I have a $5500 family deductible myself and am used to paying all my families bills all year long. Now if the person is on MA because they can't afford the premium on a Med Sup then if they max it out a couple years they will probably be on Medicaid anyway so they just as well save the $150/month for the med sup and use it to actually enjoy life.

Get tired of all the back and forth between whether MA is the best or Med Sup. Show the client both and let them decide.

"
I don't understand why everyone makes such a big deal of a person maybe maxing out their MAPD once or twice in their lifetime"

scare tactics to sell mo med supps for agents who only pimp med supps. what about that monthly premium copay of 200.00 that med suppers are forced to pay whether they go to the doctor or not? To me wasting money on over insuring to cover medicare allowable charges is just as scary has hitting moop on ma plans.

You Know I haven't quoted a GTL plan in a while, I remember when an FMO pitched it to me to sell, I was excited at the time, but after quoting many people, I found the average premium for a plan that fit the Hosp copays was around $60 plus and thats without adding a cancer plan, I def dont remember the cancer was just $5 extra, I remember it making abig enough dif in premium to make the plan not affordable for the situation.

Now I find it rare the the plan makes too much sense, most times when someone is concerned about those out of pocket they find more value in paying $100 for plan N if a low premium is needed

I mean half the times those MA plans have a $20 or better premium, and if they are the $0 premium type then ussually they don't want to pay the $60 for a GTL anyway

A GTL plan Made the most sense in states like FL, Where the $0 premiums are king & the Supplements are more expensive. but the don't allow them there anymore and I don't buy leads there anymore either

They have them now, Medico, GTL and Heartland.
a basic one is north of $55.00.:yes:
I notice with all of this no mention of HDF plans which from a comparison to a MAPD is much better.:yes:

I only offer GTL as well and I'm going to look it up in about an hour and show you 10k of cancer is NOT $5. We are talking about Medicare beneficiaries here. Not a 25 year old.

You are selling lies because you are saying you can cover the out of pocket expenses with your wrap. No, you can cover hospital stays and you can get paid a flat amount if you were to get cancer. Which won't cover all the bills.

I've never done a ambulance rider. It's around $5 a month! Most mapd plans charge around $200.

----------

They have them now, Medico, GTL and Heartland.
a basic one is north of $55.00.:yes:
I notice with all of this no mention of HDF plans which from a comparison to a MAPD is much better.:yes:

Not in Florida it's not. $68 high F for a T65 I think. Plus rx you're looking at $100. Mapd is much better than that here

----------

Just ran the numbers and "no wonder our seniors are confused".

T65 $250/day for 6 day hospital benefit = $22.81/month

Add in cancer rider $10k non recurring = $51.31

A difference of $28.50/month. Just a tad off of your $5 quote. And how many have you quoted before? Im guessing 0

I only offer GTL as well and I'm going to look it up in about an hour and show you 10k of cancer is NOT $5. We are talking about Medicare beneficiaries here. Not a 25 year old.

You are selling lies because you are saying you can cover the out of pocket expenses with your wrap. No, you can cover hospital stays and you can get paid a flat amount if you were to get cancer. Which won't cover all the bills.

I've never done a ambulance rider. It's around $5 a month! Most mapd plans charge around $200.

----------

Not in Florida it's not. $68 high F for a T65 I think. Plus rx you're looking at $100. Mapd is much better than that here

----------

Just ran the numbers and "no wonder our seniors are confused".

T65 $250/day for 6 day hospital benefit = $22.81/month

Add in cancer rider $10k non recurring = $51.31

A difference of $28.50/month. Just a tad off of your $5 quote. And how many have you quoted before? Im guessing 0

In central Florida and going up Florida North female T65 with UA is like from $54.00 and with a Humana/Walmart PDP $17.00 a total of $71.00.
For someone healthy that can work.
I showed that to a T65 female. However had to do a MAPD $0 premium as she only gets $417.00 for SS. The MOOP on the MAPD was $4,400 so not that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back